[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
v1.9.6: I've added a fix which makes caching cast thumbs from IMdB a *lot* more reliable. Without this fix downloading 13,000 cast thumbs would almost all fail with a 403/Forbidden response to Kodi whenever Kodi queries IMdB with a HEAD request. With this fix, whenever the HEAD request fails a GET request will be attempted directly from the script, and then the HEAD request repeated a second time by Kodi which will - for some reason I don't fully understand - almost always succeed (and if not on the second attempt, it may succeed on the third or even fourth HEAD attempt - the default number of retries is 3). After the fix, only 400 of the 13,000 requests failed.

Those artwork items that could not be downloaded (ie. cached) after the first run can usually be cached successfully during a second run. Increasing @Download.retry from the default 3 retries might also help reduce the number of failed downloads even further, as this will increase the chances of a successful HEAD request making a second run unnecessary/ Obviously if the artwork URL is no longer valid then no amount of retries will help (grep the logfile for "Primed" to view the response status for URLs) - once an invalid URL is detected by the GET request, no further HEAD requests will be attempted for that URL, so invalid URLs should actually fail quicker even if the number of retries is increased.

This fix also means that http://ia.media-imdb.com can be removed from @singlethread.urls (if anyone added it).

v1.9.7: Fix for ETA prediction as downloads per second were not being calculated correctly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-06-21, 20:13
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17