• 100(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-06-12, 11:10)gardnerd4me Wrote: Not sure I understand your question, but yes you can use it to reload all tvshow artwork by using texturecache.py C tvshows (remove and recache). You will probably be prompted to allow recache all in your config file though. If you want to change from tmdb to locally stored images though, it's probably best to change content in Video->Files->TV Shows-> ... here you can remove and then re-add your tv shows using only local content. Then use texturecache.py c tvshows to recache your images. Then purge to clean up the leftover crud.

I know it does the art. But what about episode/Tv show nfo files
Not that I know of, I think it only deals with database and texture cache. Read the first post to see what it can do.
(2015-06-12, 11:36)Enlightened Wrote: I know it does the art. But what about episode/Tv show nfo files

If you want it to reload NFOs that have been recently modified:

Code:
./texturecache.py qax tvshows @qaperiod=9999 @qa.nfo.refresh=0

where qa.nfo.refresh is the number of days relative to today since an NFO is modified, so qa.nfo.refresh=0 would reload all episodes where the NFO has been modified today, qa.nfo.refresh=1 where the NFO had been modified since yesterday etc.

I've included @qaperiod=9999 as the default is 30 days, which means that qa/qax only processes episodes (or movies, or songs etc.) added to the library within the last 30 days - setting it to 9999 should ensure that all your episodes/movies/songs are processed by qa/qax, no matter when they were added to the library.

Similarly:
Code:
./texturecache.py C @cache.refresh=0
will force re-load only artwork modified today, @cache.refresh=1 would force re-load only artwork modified since yesterday etc.

If you add @cache.refresh or @qa.nfo.refresh to the "config" option, you will be able to view the calculated date/time after which modified NFO/artwork will be reloaded.

You can also specify an absolute date/time, eg. @qa.nfo.refresh="2015-02-28 15:16:17" - any NFOs/artwork modified after that date/time will be reloaded.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-06-12, 14:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 11:36)Enlightened Wrote: I know it does the art. But what about episode/Tv show nfo files

If you want it to reload NFOs that have been recently modified:

Code:
./texturecache.py qax tvshows @qaperiod=9999 @qa.nfo.refresh=0

where qa.nfo.refresh is the number of days relative to today since an NFO is modified, so qa.nfo.refresh=0 would reload all episodes where the NFO has been modified today, qa.nfo.refresh=1 where the NFO had been modified since yesterday etc.

I've included @qaperiod=9999 as the default is 30 days, which means that qa/qax only processes episodes (or movies, or songs etc.) added to the library within the last 30 days - setting it to 9999 should ensure that all your episodes/movies/songs are processed by qa/qax, no matter when they were added to the library.

Similarly:
Code:
./texturecache.py C @cache.refresh=0
will force re-load only artwork modified today, @cache.refresh=1 would force re-load only artwork modified since yesterday etc.

If you add @cache.refresh or @qa.nfo.refresh to the "config" option, you will be able to view the calculated date/time after which modified NFO/artwork will be reloaded.

You can also specify an absolute date/time, eg. @qa.nfo.refresh="2015-02-28 15:16:17" - any NFOs/artwork modified after that date/time will be reloaded.

Thank you. was just about to remove source and readd. Does this also work for episodes? or only tv show nfos
(2015-06-12, 15:06)Enlightened Wrote: Thank you. was just about to remove source and readd. Does this also work for episodes? or only tv show nfos

Although it's run using the tvshows media class, it will only reload the episodes and not the entire tvshow. Removing/reloading the entire tvshow can be accomplished just as easily through the GUI if you really need this, or via "texturecache.py remove tvshow <tvshowid>", followed by "texturecache.py vscan". Removing/reloading an entire tvshow isn't something I've found a need to do on an automatic/regular basis.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Often Kodi will scrape a file before I have the trailer downloaded. When I do download the trailer, Kodi still plays from youtube rather than the trailer within the folder. Can this script be used to update those NFO files to point to the local trailer?
(2015-06-13, 19:15)Method007 Wrote: Often Kodi will scrape a file before I have the trailer downloaded. When I do download the trailer, Kodi still plays from youtube rather than the trailer within the folder. Can this script be used to update those NFO files to point to the local trailer?

No, the script doesn't update NFO files. However you can use the script to reload recently modified NFOs if you have a mechanism to update your NFOs once the trailer becomes available (how are you creating the NFOs in the first place - use that process to write a new NFO with the trailer details?)
Great script, just used it to totally purge my library and reload the artwork. Took 4 hours but its better than its been for ages.

Question - I have SoundCloud and YouTube installed on my rpi2 running kodi I backed up my kodi and did a restore after an update. The icon images for the addons are now missing, I've tried uninstall ing the addons and reinstalling but icons are still missing, I've used your script but still missing, any help appreciated
"texturecache.py C addons" is all I can suggest.
OK thanks I will try again and see what happens

Update - I needed to use a config file with allow.refreshall=yes, all add-on icons have now returned thanks great script Big Grin
(2015-06-13, 19:31)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 19:15)Method007 Wrote: Often Kodi will scrape a file before I have the trailer downloaded. When I do download the trailer, Kodi still plays from youtube rather than the trailer within the folder. Can this script be used to update those NFO files to point to the local trailer?

No, the script doesn't update NFO files. However you can use the script to reload recently modified NFOs if you have a mechanism to update your NFOs once the trailer becomes available (how are you creating the NFOs in the first place - use that process to write a new NFO with the trailer details?)

Thanks for the script by the way, it really is quite useful - all of my fanart now shows up on my home screen! I use Kodi to do the original scraping. I would have to go back in and rescrape the file to get the trailer info to update, which would just update Kodi any way, so I guess that's just what I'll have to stick to.
v1.9.6: I've added a fix which makes caching cast thumbs from IMdB a *lot* more reliable. Without this fix downloading 13,000 cast thumbs would almost all fail with a 403/Forbidden response to Kodi whenever Kodi queries IMdB with a HEAD request. With this fix, whenever the HEAD request fails a GET request will be attempted directly from the script, and then the HEAD request repeated a second time by Kodi which will - for some reason I don't fully understand - almost always succeed (and if not on the second attempt, it may succeed on the third or even fourth HEAD attempt - the default number of retries is 3). After the fix, only 400 of the 13,000 requests failed.

Those artwork items that could not be downloaded (ie. cached) after the first run can usually be cached successfully during a second run. Increasing @Download.retry from the default 3 retries might also help reduce the number of failed downloads even further, as this will increase the chances of a successful HEAD request making a second run unnecessary/ Obviously if the artwork URL is no longer valid then no amount of retries will help (grep the logfile for "Primed" to view the response status for URLs) - once an invalid URL is detected by the GET request, no further HEAD requests will be attempted for that URL, so invalid URLs should actually fail quicker even if the number of retries is increased.

This fix also means that http://ia.media-imdb.com can be removed from @singlethread.urls (if anyone added it).

v1.9.7: Fix for ETA prediction as downloads per second were not being calculated correctly.
i use "./texturecache.py imdb @imdb.fields=rating,top250 > newtop250values" to get rating and top250 field from imdb and write these values to file newtop250values

is there any command available to query the local kodi db and write these values to another file (for example currenttop250values). i want to diff these two files before i apply changes via "set" command.
cu
Not easily, although newtop250values should only contain those movies that have changed so is already a diff, of sorts.
v2.0.0: Added a configurable number of concurrent threads (connections) to the imdb lookup, significantly improving performance. Configure with imdb.threads. Default number of threads is 10,, with an upper limit of 20 (more than this and the omdbapi will respond with 403/Forbidden errors). Performance should scales in line with the number of threads as each thread is predominantly IO bound, so 10 threads is usually 10 times faster than a single thread (assuming there are no network or remote server issues etc.)

v2.0.1: Avoid slightly different results being returned whenever querying omdbapi.com with plot rather than plotoutline.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17