[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-06, 08:47)P_Jamula Wrote: I am using windows 7 ultimate and will soon migrate to windows 10. Also all my Kodi setup is using "Kodi" as the folder and usernames.
Is your utility setup to use the folder names as Kodi or as XBMC?

Should be, if you're using default settings for paths. If you've configured paths in your texturecache.cfg then it's up to you to fix them, but in most cases you shouldn't need to configure paths.

(2015-08-06, 08:47)P_Jamula Wrote: also I will appreciate if you would please tell me what command I need to use to delete everything and create a new DB for the artwork for all media. I will need this for the local machine as well as a command to run the same on 4 other remote machines.

You'll need to delete the userdata\Database\Textures13.db file, and userdata\Thumbnails folder. These will be automatically recreated by Kodi when it starts. Then to re-cache all artwork, run "texturecache.py c" against each client.

I'd suggest adding "sections" to your texturecache.cfg so you can refer to your clients with friendly names, and client-specific settings, eg.

Code:
qaperiod=9999
cache.castthumb = yes
allow.recacheall = yes
download.threads = 10

section = master

[master]
xbmc.host=localhost

[lounge]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.2
network.mac=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

[bedroom]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.3
network.mac=11:22:33:44:55:66
download.threads=5

[tvroom]
xbmc.host=192.168.0.4
network.mac=aa:bb:cc:11:22:33

then "texturecache.py @section=bedroom c" will re-cache all artwork for client 192.168.0.3.

In the above example, if you don't specify a section the default section will be "master".

Once you configure a network.mac for a client, you can use Wake-on-LAN to wake a suspended client ("texturecache.py @section=tvroom wake"). If you don't need to wake clients, then don't worry about configuring network.mac.

To suspend a client (assuming suspend is supported by the client - pointless for a Pi), use "texturecache.py @section=tvroom power suspend".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-06, 11:48
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17