[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-24, 20:26)hugepants Wrote: Is it possible to use texturecache.py to accomplish this?

Yes.

(2015-08-24, 20:26)hugepants Wrote: When I run ./texturecache.py c it appears that it is downloading new artwork from the internet, but I'm not sure.

What makes you think that? Artwork that can't be cached (because the artwork can't be accessed by Kodi) will be listed at the end, or enable the log which will have details of what is and what isn't being cached.

(2015-08-24, 20:26)hugepants Wrote: How can I check?

Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --check all
will report any "remote" (http, https) artwork.

(2015-08-24, 20:26)hugepants Wrote: The Pi2 uses path substitution to translate this to the appropriate Samba path, like follows:
Code:
<substitute>
    <from>/storage/pool/</from>
    <to>smb://user:[email protected]/</to>
  </substitute>

And there's your problem, most likely. You should have used an smb:// source when scanning the library which would have made the path substitution unnecessary. Check your kodi.log for errors, either when playing movies or caching/displaying artwork - chances are your path sub isn't working as you expect it to.

By the way, you can also get rid of the user@Pass if you add your username and password to passwords.xml.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Re: RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-24, 22:30
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17