[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-09-26, 12:18)denywinarto Wrote: Hmm something is strange milhouse, when i first run Kodi after running your script, the thumbs load alot faster....
Then i close it, reopen it, and browse my collection to test the posters load speed,
And now the thumbs in my home screen won't load at all... any idea why?
I put Container.IsUpdating and it keeps spinning...

Don't see anything strange on the log... Just long load times...

http://pastebin.com/ch2tHD0t

well it's finally loading the thumbs, but it takes much longer time than before i use the script.. almost 3 mins

It seems to be taking an extraordinarily long time to load images from the cache. Is there a performance problem with the PC (not enough RAM, too slow a disk etc.)?

A few movie posters and fanarts are still being cached, which is odd - they should have been cached by texturecache.py.

It does just seem to be that you have a problem retrieving artwork from the cache, which is basically a SQLite database lookup followed by a read from your filesystem, so it shouldn't be slow. I'd check the rest of your system.

Maybe also try a current build of Kodi 15.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-09-26, 12:59
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17