• 120(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
120 Pages of awesome support. Great script, thanks!
Is there a way to find duplicate TV Episodes? I can only seem to gather Movies. Ideas? I have an extra that I can't locate.
Not sure how you would add a duplicate episode to a tvshow, is that even possible? Can't think of any solution.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
.mp4 and .mkv and .avi all with the same name. Sad
Ember didnt recognize it as a duplicate. It's in there........taunting me.
Can you dump the tvshow that contains this duplicate episode? ie. "jd tvshows <tvshowname>" and upload it (tell me which is the duplicate).

I'm still not sure how you could have the same episode twice in your media library - I don't even think the database supports that. Having the same episode media file appear multiple times in different formats I *can* understand, however only one of the files should be present in the media library as an episode, and the remaining unscanned media files that are not in your media library can be identified with "missing tvshows <tv-show-source>".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yep. Looking at one now that's a double. I have 2 systems, and 1 scraped and extra somewhere.
The double I have is S07E01 same names... .mkv and .avi. Both show in Kodi. The details show for both items as far as HD720 or ...SD480. There is only 1 .nfo file for these 2. However, the .nfo ONLY has the HD720 info in it. There is nothing for the other. It makes sense if the .nfo has both listed, but notta. When I play, they work fine. Both have the same exact text INFO as well.

I only scrape local as well. Odd. If there was NO .nfo with it, it just wouldn't show.

---I'll just find it the old fashioned way... Dig and Dig. I had 3...1 isn't so bad.
@Milhouse can you explain to me why there were errors?

caching excerpt
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2016-01-16, 12:39)marhutchy Wrote: @Milhouse can you explain to me why there were errors?

caching excerpt

Not from that information, no.

Check your kodi.log for errors as it's Kodi that is unable to access those artwork files. Chances are they no longer exist, or C:\<blah> is no longer a valid path for this Kodi client.
(2016-01-16, 20:19)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 12:39)marhutchy Wrote: @Milhouse can you explain to me why there were errors?

caching excerpt

Not from that information, no.

Check your kodi.log for errors as it's Kodi that is unable to access those artwork files. Chances are they no longer exist, or C:\<blah> is no longer a valid path for this Kodi client.

How about these?
LOG
LOG 2

I tried examining it, but I don't know what I'm looking for exactly.
Rating Update was running at the same time this time, but problem exist before.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Hmm... sorry, looks like inaccessible artwork now fails silently - I thought it was logged but obviously not (or it was at one point, but not any longer).

As I've said previously - it's Kodi that can't access these files, not the script. Since I know nothing about your network, your Kodi clients or your files I can only guess at what the problem might be. You'll have to work out why Kodi isn't able to access the failing artwork - is the artwork within the paths contained in your sources.xml? As a security measure, Kodi will only allow access to paths that exist within your sources.

Do the files still exist? Maybe the've been deleted, or moved.

Try dumping the directory:
Code:
texturecache.py @logfile=c:\tc1.log rdirectory "C:\Users\MarHutchy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.genesis\Movies\House Party (1990)"
texturecache.py @logfile=c:\tc2.log rdirectory "C:\Users\MarHutchy\Downloads\MOVIES\Hulk Collection\The Incredible Hulk (2008)\fanart.jpg"

and paste the console output, and a link to tc1.log and tc2.log.

Also upload your sources.xml.
(2016-01-17, 17:42)Milhouse Wrote: Hmm... sorry, looks like inaccessible artwork now fails silently - I thought it was logged but obviously not (or it was at one point, but not any longer).

As I've said previously - it's Kodi that can't access these files, not the script. Since I know nothing about your network, your Kodi clients or your files I can only guess at what the problem might be. You'll have to work out why Kodi isn't able to access the failing artwork - is the artwork within the paths contained in your sources.xml? As a security measure, Kodi will only allow access to paths that exist within your sources.

Do the files still exist? Maybe the've been deleted, or moved.

Try dumping the directory:
Code:
texturecache.py @logfile=c:\tc1.log rdirectory "C:\Users\MarHutchy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.genesis\Movies\House Party (1990)"
texturecache.py @logfile=c:\tc2.log rdirectory "C:\Users\MarHutchy\Downloads\MOVIES\Hulk Collection\The Incredible Hulk (2008)\fanart.jpg"

and paste the console output, and a link to tc1.log and tc2.log.

Also upload your sources.xml.

Code's not working. I'm going to clean library and try again.
The paths that you provided above no longer exists. I've cleaned numerous times, so why are they still being referenced?
Kodi 18.3
(2016-01-17, 20:42)marhutchy Wrote: The paths that you provided above no longer exists. I've cleaned numerous times, so why are they still being referenced?

Because you've got an item in your media library that still references the artwork. It tells you the names of the items in the console:
Code:
[fanart    ] [House Party Collection                  ] C:\Users\MarHutchy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.genesis\Movies\House Party (1990)\fanart.jpg
[fanart    ] [Hulk Collection                         ] C:\Users\MarHutchy\Downloads\MOVIES\Hulk Collection\The Incredible Hulk (2008)\fanart.jpg

"House Party Collection" and "Hulk Collection" - these sound like movie sets.

Assign new fanart artwork for the movie sets using either the Kodi GUI, or dump your movie sets to find the setid and change the artwork from the command line.

If ever you don't know which item an artwork path belongs to, then dump out your media items, eg. movies, to a file
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies >movies.dat
then search movies.dat for the artwork path and you should find the associated movie.

Assign new artwork for the movie using either the Kodi GUI or
Code:
texturecache.py set movie <movieid> artwork.<type> "<new artwork url>"
specifying appropriate values for <movieid>, <type> and <new artwork url>.

If when using "texturecache.py set" the new artwork url is blank it will effectively remove the artwork from the library, ie. unassociate the artwork type for the movie, allowing tools such as Artwork Downloader to find and associate new artwork.

Repeat for tvshows, movie sets, music etc.
Thanks a lot! That worked for some Smile

So I've gotten rid of some.

I noticed that The Shield is making reference to a Natalie Zea image at C:\Actor Thumbs\N\Natalie....
I checked the path and noticed that I don't have that image. The same thing happened to about 5 other casts.

I added C:\Actor Thumbs as a source.

How would I purge these references?
Maybe removing the show and adding it again?
Kodi 18.3
To dump your movies and associated cast artwork you need to use the Jd version that allows you to configure the extra field you want dumped.

In the case of movies:
Code:
texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.movies=cast > movies.dat

and tvshows:
Code:
texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.tvshows.tvshow=cast
@extrajson.tvshows.episode=cast > tvshows.dat

then see which actor is using that artwork, and in which movie or tvshow/episode.

The problem is that you can't change the artwork for an actor using JSON or the GUI... In fact I'm not sure how you'd do it, apart from perhaps deleting all movies/tvshows that include the actor (which might then delete the actor?), or maybe try loading a new movie/episode NFO that includes the actor with a link to the new artwork and it will overwrite whatever url is currently being used.
Hi Milhouse

I have a problem, and I hope the TCMu can correct it permanently.

The trouble is with some manually created banner images (displayed in MOVIES section, "Media info 3" view, "Use wide banners" selected).

My artwork is stored locally - movies are in separate folders - and I've created my own banners for items that Artwork Downloader could not get a hit on. Naming convention follows this pattern: "The Hunger (1983)-banner.jpg".

The issue is occasionally, when something changes in the system (like today after I updated to Krypton #0117), kodi will "forget" the reference to these manual images, and display plain text in their place.

I know... this sounds so N00B-ie Confused. I don't have a solid understanding of where kodi really keeps the images, and I thought local files would take priority over images from online sources. The evidence suggests I'm way outta the loop... Sad

This will be my first attempt using your utility... so it's with very cautious keystrokes I try to resolve the problem, once-and-for-all (I hope). The only way I've found to get these images back - after they've been "disconnected" - is to step through each item using the Choose Art dialog, scroll to Banner, and click around till the local file is re-recognized.

Very clunky, time consuming, and I'm sure there must be a way to have these guys permanently associated as the banner images to display.

BTW, I frequently EXPORT the library to separate files, hoping this somehow prevents the files from being "disconnected" again. Heh-heh... I guess not.

Tips, pointers, and comprehensive instructions are all welcome, and greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17