[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hi,
I prefer musicvideos in Kodi Isengard. I'm using Windows 7.
My problem is that the artist artwork from the musicvideo isn't shown automatically by default in Kodi under the artist view.. To show my artist artwork I have to add the artist artwork manually with the context menu. It's a lot of work.
Fanarts and thumbs are working well and shown from Kodi automatically.

I use self created .nfo files for my musicvideos, I doesn't use any scraper for my musicvideos. So there are no musicbrainz information stored in my library. There ist also no "id" in the .nfo file and no "id" in my library.

I run python in a portable Version. The path to my portable Python is:
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\kodi texture cache maintenance utility\python-3.5.1-embed-win32\python.exe

The Path to the "texturecache.py" and "texturecache.cfg" is:
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\test\

To execute python with the "texturecache.py" I run / type for example in the windows command line:
First under C:\Users\xxx> cd Downloads\kodi texture cache maintenance utility\python-3.5.1-embed-win32
Than its shown C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\kodi texture cache maintenance utility\python-3.5.1-embed-win32>
Than I type python.exe C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\test\texturecache.py c

The "texturecache.py" is working well and the "texturecache.cfg" settings are right.

The path to my Kodi database:
C:/Users/xxx/Appdata/Kodi/userdata

The path to my local media folder (scanned into my library):
C:/Users/xxx/Downloads/mp4/
AC-DC/
poster.jpg (artist artwork)
AC-DC - Hells Bells/
AC-DC - Hells Bells.mp4 (musicvideo)
AC-DC - Hells Bells.nfo (self created .nfo)
AC-DC - Hells Bells.tbn (thumbnail)
fanart.jpg

Adele/
poster.jpg (artist artwork)
Adele - Hello/
Adele - Hello.mp4 (musicvideo)
Adele - Hello.nfo (self created .nfo)
Adele - Hello.tbn (thumbnail)
fanart.jpg

and so on !!

I've read about the "texture cache maintenance utility". Is there a way to populate / add with this tool my poster.jpg (artist artwork) automatically to my library so that the artist artwork (Artist Picture) is shown automatically in Kodi and I have not to do this manually?

And if this is possible, please write the code that I have to use. I'm a noob. Please help!!

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility and Musicvideos - by zimbo - 2016-02-19, 10:55
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617