[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-02-20, 07:54)gjwAudio Wrote: So, does this mean you have a copy of all artwork in your media folders ?

Yes.

(2016-02-20, 07:54)gjwAudio Wrote: If I get your workflow right, it goes something like this:

1) new movie comes in and is scraped with Universal Media Scraper
2) run Artwork Downloader to gather any non-standard art to be found (this only writes the remote URLs to the database, since you prevent AD from saving to local media folders)
3) run the Three Amigos to: download those remote URL links to local media folders (both std and non-std artwork), naming them with Movie-Name-prefix and then load the texturecache with ALL the just-downloaded artwork PLUS any local artwork saved in the media folders by hand

Rinse and Repeat as new movies come in.

Yes, that's pretty much it:

1) Scrape new movies
2) Run mklocal.py to pick up any local non-standard artwork (ie. logo.png, clearart.png) that I may have manually created alongside the new movies scraped in #1
3) Run AD to find logo/clearart for movies that don't already have such artwork - don't allow AD to download anything
4) Run mklocal.py again to download any non-standard local artwork that AD may have found in step #3

(2016-02-20, 07:54)gjwAudio Wrote: Any comment on using MediaElch to administer the Library ? Benefts or Pitfalls ?

I use Ember for movies - this works for Posters and Fanart. I manually add logo.png and clearart.png, usually from fanart.tv.

(2016-02-20, 07:54)gjwAudio Wrote: One thing I'd like to do is create some custom genre tags, to better classify movies as I see them Blush Y'know, Ed Wood films, Dondi, The Creeping Terror, Eagah! - they're all Movies: BAD as far as we're concerned around here Wink

Thanks again for help and advice.

What about using tags? Adding <tag>Ed Wood</tag> to an NFO should create an "Ed Wood" tag which you can use to filter movies.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies#Movie_tags

Once you've created your tags you can even query them using texturecache.py - the following will dump your Ed Wood and James Bond items:
Code:
texturecache.py jd tags "ed wood or james bond"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-02-20, 20:30
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617