[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Wow this is all great ! My cron(s) will almost be perfect with all those informations, but I still need more.

(2016-02-23, 12:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 07:54)morstef4 Wrote: - Your texturecache should be integrated by default, what is the team-kodi process to activate this ?

Depends what you mean by integrated - as an add-on, it will require a complete rewrite. Since it's an external Python script this makes including with Kodi somewhat difficult. Various distributions can include it, I think it may be included (or available as an installable addon) in Arch. I include it in my OpenELEC test builds. etc.

Quote:Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

I originally started with Fritsch builds and he is the reason I switched to OE from Windows.
Was a great discovery for me, later on I saw your builds and how much detailed you specified and finally got involved with texturecache.

I think it should be running in Kodi for the maintenance portion and just adapted slightly for a non technical user allowing him to see some reports depending of his choice of menu. (basic to expert)

I can use the menu to export/overwrite in multiple files all the nfos.
It is clear that I haven't reach the texturecache limit yet and that said, is there anyway to export/overwrite those individual nfos ?
I am planning to install from scratch again using those nfo files (Kodi is using the existing nfo and art files if exists.... I think) and with <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> I shouldn't loose any of my special art files or nfo config right ?
(I have learned to stop exporting the arts files, thank's to you)

I'm having a hard time to make a valid command for "missing"
texturecache.py missing movies xxxx - can't find out what xxxx should be.
(I have spend lot of time 6-8 months ago to create a script to compare fresh nfos export with my media files trying to find if any of those were not scrap- later I found an addons call "Missing Movies" but now I'm going full TC)

"texturecache.py c sets" : I know that qax command will reload/cache all information from nfo file including the set. "c sets" will do the same thing but just for sets ?

I'm starting to check other features available in TC, commands that I should run manually and act on the results.
What would you suggest me to start with ?

I'm running OE from a NUC SSD therefore I have lots of space and one of my goal is to bring all my bells and whistles on it. (obviously except the movies/tvshows/pictures/musics)
I'm used to hear my disk start spinning when I browse my library movies or tvshows and the net is probably requested too. I know for sure that script.extendedinfo will download some stuff but how about Kodi core ?
EDIT : ADD : I don't want to hear my disk start to spin anymore.
EDIT 2: ADD : Probably with that script I'm creating using TC my disk won't spin anymore when browsing.

Thank you

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by morstef4 - 2016-02-23, 18:35
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617