• 129(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Maybe it is in the keymap that i should change something to call the windows python full install

<red>RunScript("special://profile/XbmcPruneCache.py")</red>
(2016-03-16, 17:57)RazorFR Wrote: launching externally the bat or the py is fine. So windows understands.
But Kodi is still not liking it (same result import error DLL, socket.py nonsense) when launched with the remote

Not really sure to be honest. This is probably more of a generic launcher issue than anything specific to texturecache.py - you might have more luck getting a solution by posting a thread in the Add-ons sub-forum. Hopefully someone there has seen something like this before.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello, i have one question, is it possible to put the animated posters/fanarts (what will shown from skin helper) in the Textures13.db file with Texture Cache Maintenance utility?
Not familiar with skin helper, but if it is assigning artwork poster/fanart urls then yes, it's likely these will be cached like any other poster or fanart.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the answer, i look from what site skin helper shows the animated p/f and try it.

And thanks for this tool, it's really great!
Hey there,

I have been using texturecache.py for quite a while now, but with my new setup of Kodi on Ubuntu 15.10, it completely stopped working. When running a simple command like "texturecache.py stats", it just doesn't do anything at all, just keeps hanging somewhere at the beginning of the script with python running. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Not without a texturecache.py log file. Is Kodi working? Have you configured the correct web server port (it changed in recent Kodi from 80 to 8080 - texturecache.py might be connecting to the wrong service if you configured it to use port 80).
I have never seen a texturecache log file before, where should that be? If i have the port wrong, the script complains. After setting it in the configfile, it doesn't complain anymore, it just ends up doing nothing.
(2016-03-22, 14:23)pwriesnik Wrote: I have never seen a texturecache log file before, where should that be?

Add "@logfile=/tmp/tc.log" to you texturecache.py command line. Upload your logfile to a pastebin site.

(2016-03-22, 14:23)pwriesnik Wrote: If i have the port wrong, the script complains. After setting it in the configfile, it doesn't complain anymore, it just ends up doing nothing.

All that means is that texturecache.py found *something* listening on the configured port, it doesn't mean the service listening is actually Kodi. Can you confirm that both texturecache.py and Kodi are using the same webserver port.
So, funny thing, out of nowhere, it started to work again. At first, it took forever until the script had a connection to the Kodi RPC, but after letting it run for a while, it worked. Don't know where that came from.
Hi Milhouse,

I am using Kodi on a RPI, and manage my collection with Media Companion (MC). I have configured Kodi to use only local information (nfo, thumbs, art) and update them with MC. If I have read correctly, there are some options to tell Kodi to rescan the nfo files that have been changed by MC. I would like to mass update the Kodi database, without going by every updated movie by hand. So:

One option is to set to None the folder type, then to movies, and Kodi will rescan the nfo's.

Other is to delete the Textures13.db file, and reboot Kodi.

This: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_Library_Auto_Update won't work since Kodi won't reread already parsed nfo files.

And the latest one is to use texturecache.py, with "qax" option.

This option looks like the easiest and can be inserted in a cron task to be done repeatedly. Problem is that when running texturecache.py, Kodi doesn't seem to notice the nfo changes (for example, collection sets are still wrong after being corrected in the nfo file).

Am I right, or did I make some mistake in my reasoning?

Thanks in advance.
(2016-03-28, 15:58)ifsnop Wrote: Other is to delete the Textures13.db file, and reboot Kodi.

Textures13.db has nothing to do with NFO files.

(2016-03-28, 15:58)ifsnop Wrote: And the latest one is to use texturecache.py, with "qax" option.

This option looks like the easiest and can be inserted in a cron task to be done repeatedly. Problem is that when running texturecache.py, Kodi doesn't seem to notice the nfo changes (for example, collection sets are still wrong after being corrected in the nfo file).

Maybe you're calling it incorrectly, are you specifying @qa.nfo.refresh with an integer value (number of days relative to today), eg. "@qa.nfo.refresh=0" to refresh any NFO changed since midnight, or "@qa.nfo.refresh=1" to refresh any NFO changed since midnight of the previous day, etc.?

To refresh your collection sets you would want to run something like:
Code:
texturecache.py qa movies @qa.nfo.refresh=0

If you still have problems upload a log (add "@logfile=tc.log" to the command line, and upload tc.log somewhere).
Thanks for this essential utility milhouse.

Was wondering can you search for case senistive files?

E.G. I have lot files called folder.jpg and Folder.jpg. I usally have all artwork lowercase but some scrapers have capital Folder.jpg.

Currently searching folder or Folder returns both entries.

Thanks
No, search is not case sensitive - that's the way the Texture API has been implemented. Just run the results through grep (or the Windows equivalent).
I will try to reproduce the problem I'm having, step by step.

(2016-03-28, 23:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 15:58)ifsnop Wrote: Other is to delete the Textures13.db file, and reboot Kodi.

Textures13.db has nothing to do with NFO files.

True, I meant " .kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos93.db"

(2016-03-28, 23:29)Milhouse Wrote: Maybe you're calling it incorrectly, are you specifying @qa.nfo.refresh with an integer value (number of days relative to today), eg. "@qa.nfo.refresh=0" to refresh any NFO changed since midnight, or "@qa.nfo.refresh=1" to refresh any NFO changed since midnight of the previous day, etc.?

To refresh your collection sets you would want to run something like:
Code:
texturecache.py qa movies @qa.nfo.refresh=0

If you still have problems upload a log (add "@logfile=tc.log" to the command line, and upload tc.log somewhere).

One of the movies I have was miss detected by Media Companion. After Kodi updated the library with the wrong information, I corrected the nfo file from within Media Companion. Now, I have no way to tell Kodi to re-read the corrected nfo file (with rescraping the full collection). Using texturecache:

Code:
# /storage/texturecache.py qax movies @qaperiod=9999 @qa.nfo.refresh=0 @logfile=tc.log
Successfully updated from v2.2.9 to v2.3.0
Movie    [Kolchak                                           ]: WARN (missing nfo; missing fanart, local not found)

Looking inside the database, there are two entries in the movie table, pointing to the same file.
Code:
# echo "select idMovie, idFile,c00,c22 from movie where c22 like '%El último hombre... viv%';"
| sqlite3 MyVideos93.db
23|4895|Kolchak|smb://192.168.0.200/hdfilms/7/mkv_7/ciencia ficción/El último hombre... vivo (1974) Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe, Rosalind Cash, Paul Koslo, Lincoln Kilpatrick.dual.subs.mkv
126|6803|El último hombre... vivo|smb://192.168.0.200/hdfilms/7/mkv_7/ciencia ficción/El último hombre... vivo (1971) Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe, Rosalind Cash, Paul Koslo, Lincoln Kilpatrick.dual.subs.mkv

Only to verify:

Code:
# echo "select * from files where idFile = '4895';" | sqlite3 MyVideos93.db  | more
4895|341|El último hombre... vivo (1974) Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe, Rosalind Cash, Paul Koslo, Lincoln Kilpatrick.dual.subs.mkv|||2015-04-09 10:46:10
# echo "select * from files where idFile = '6803';" | sqlite3 MyVideos93.db  | more
6803|341|El último hombre... vivo (1971) Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe, Rosalind Cash, Paul Koslo, Lincoln Kilpatrick.dual.subs.mkv|||2015-04-09 10:46:10

Is there an option within texturecache to delete the wrong movie entry?

Thanks in advance!
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17