• 131(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-05-22, 10:48)ifsnop Wrote: Since obvioulsy Kodi db has run out of sync with fs, can I trigger a database resync/update from texturecache? (a part from setting contents to none from inside Kodi and then again to tvshows).

Just delete the episodes you've renamed (cleaning your library should do this, "texturecaceh.py vclean") and re-scrape ("texturecaceh.py vscan"). Then your multi-part episodes should be scraped correctly as stacked files (one database episode entry, with two files).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Since sometimes I find errors in my collection, and fixing them involves renaming or modifying nfo files, should I configure a cron job that does this periodically?

Code:
/storage/texturecache.py vclean
/storage/texturecache.py vscan
Modifying nfo files followed by vclean/vscan won't have any effect on existing library entries, while a vscan on renamed entries might result in duplicate entries. This is why "qax @qa.nfo.refresh=1" exists. So no, I wouldn't recommend a regular vclean/vscan, but I would recommend a regular "qax @qa.nfo.refresh=1".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

just wanted to ask if it is possible to cache all of my local actor Images but no other artwork?
I'm asking this because I use the Emby addon for Kodi which is not able to sync actor artwork.

What would be the command to achive this?

Thanks
Marv
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2016-06-06, 11:09)Maaarv Wrote: Hi,

just wanted to ask if it is possible to cache all of my local actor Images but no other artwork?
I'm asking this because I use the Emby addon for Kodi which is not able to sync actor artwork.

What would be the command to achive this?

Thanks
Marv

Code:
texturecache.py c movies @cache.castthumb=yes @cache.artwork=cast.thumb
texturecache.py c tvshows @cache.castthumb=yes @cache.artwork=cast.thumb
Hi, absolutely love this utility and have been using it for a long time now. I have a question. I recently added tags to my TV shows. I have about 140 shows. I want to refresh all the show nfos without refreshing episodes. is it possible with this utility?
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

(2016-06-08, 05:20)akya Wrote: Hi, absolutely love this utility and have been using it for a long time now. I have a question. I recently added tags to my TV shows. I have about 140 shows. I want to refresh all the show nfos without refreshing episodes. is it possible with this utility?

You mean update the contents of your NFO files? No, this utility doesn't write to NFO files. The only way to update your NFO files is to use a third-party media manager (Ember etc.), or use Kodi to export the library but this will export all of your episodes too so I don't think it's possible to do what you want (assuming I've understood your question correctly).
Sorry should have been more clearer. I used TMM to write those nfos. I use vscan to scan new episodes. What I want to do is ask kodi to refresh tvshow.nfo for shows (and not all episodes).. But manually doing it in Kodi would be a bit tedious. So I was wondering if it can be done through this utility.

The only way to get Kodi to reload the content of your tvshow.nfo files is to click on "Refresh" in the GUI, or delete the tvshow and rescan and I'd expect the latter to delete and rescan your episodes too.
(2016-06-09, 04:05)Milhouse Wrote: The only way to get Kodi to reload the content of your tvshow.nfo files is to click on "Refresh" in the GUI, or delete the tvshow and rescan and I'd expect the latter to delete and rescan your episodes too.

I thought that would be the case too. Thanks for answering Smile

@millhouse I'm getting errors like crazy http://prntscr.com/bffgrt

Code:
userdata = ~/.xbmc/userdata/
dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails/
xbmc.host = localhost
webserver.port = 8080
webserver.username = xxxx
webserver.password = xxxx
rpc.port = 9090
download.threads = 4
extrajson.albums =
extrajson.artists =
extrajson.songs =
extrajson.movies =  
extrajson.sets = logo,poster
extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
extrajson.tvshows.season =
extrajson.tvshows.episode =  
qaperiod = 30
qa.file = no
cache.castthumb = true
logfile =
logfile.verbose = no
network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
allow.recacheall = yes
imdb.fields.movies = votes, rating, top250
imdb.fields.tvshows = votes, rating
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2016-06-12, 15:09)marhutchy Wrote: @millhouse I'm getting errors like crazy http://prntscr.com/bffgrt

This tells me nothing, other than your CMD window isn't wide enough to prevent wrapping.

The script is asking Kodi for the download, and it's Kodi that is unable to satisfy the request, so the problem is actually with Kodi in which case look in your Kodi log for more details.

There are any number of reasons why Kodi might not be able to download (and cache) the artwork - it could be a file access permission if the artwork is local, or it might be the artwork no longer exists if the artwork is on a remote internet server. At the end of the cacheing session the script will list the artwork that could not be downloaded, you can then try and determine if this artwork exists or not.
(2016-06-12, 16:33)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-06-12, 15:09)marhutchy Wrote: @millhouse I'm getting errors like crazy http://prntscr.com/bffgrt

This tells me nothing, other than your CMD window isn't wide enough to prevent wrapping.

The script is asking Kodi for the download, and it's Kodi that is unable to satisfy the request, so the problem is actually with Kodi in which case look in your Kodi log for more details.

There are any number of reasons why Kodi might not be able to download (and cache) the artwork - it could be a file access permission if the artwork is local, or it might be the artwork no longer exists if the artwork is on a remote internet server. At the end of the cacheing session the script will list the artwork that could not be downloaded, you can then try and determine if this artwork exists or not.

Will these help?

Here's the log file - LINK 1 | LINK 2 | LINK 3 | LINK 4

I think the error is only with the cast images.

I'm running it again with the wrapping off and window wider.

EDIT: http://prntscr.com/bfimky

EDIT 2: Silly me! I know the problem. The path to the actors folder has changed.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
I've successfully been able to install and edit out all the required parameters.
I usually download the metadata using another app, however i would like to use Texture Cache Maintenence utility for regular housekeeping, and other goodies.
If one doesnt use this utility for downloading metadata for new movies, what else can i do with this?

Also, i have a lot of duplicate movies, two thumbnails for few movies but just one movie directory.. can i prune or remove those duplicate entries?
if not, anyways please let me know what other things i can use with this?
(2016-06-13, 02:49)MANswers Wrote: I've successfully been able to install and edit out all the required parameters.
I usually download the metadata using another app, however i would like to use Texture Cache Maintenence utility for regular housekeeping, and other goodies.
If one doesnt use this utility for downloading metadata for new movies, what else can i do with this?

It's for controlling and managing your Kodi cache and media library, it's not for doing things that other scrapers and meta-data add-ons already do. See the first post for a list of what the script can do.

(2016-06-13, 02:49)MANswers Wrote: Also, i have a lot of duplicate movies, two thumbnails for few movies but just one movie directory.. can i prune or remove those duplicate entries?
if not, anyways please let me know what other things i can use with this?

You can use the script to identify duplicate movies that are in your library, ie. "texturecache.py duplicates".

Then it's up to you how you remove those duplicate movies - you could use the script, ie. "texturecache remove movie #" where # is the movie id. But if you have duplicate movies on different paths (the most common reason for having duplicate movies/thumbnails) then you need to remove one of the files to stop it coming back each time you scan your library - if you were to delete the physical duplicate movie files you don't want, then it's likely you just need to perform a library clean to remove the duplicate library entries.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17