[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-06-13, 02:49)MANswers Wrote: I've successfully been able to install and edit out all the required parameters.
I usually download the metadata using another app, however i would like to use Texture Cache Maintenence utility for regular housekeeping, and other goodies.
If one doesnt use this utility for downloading metadata for new movies, what else can i do with this?

It's for controlling and managing your Kodi cache and media library, it's not for doing things that other scrapers and meta-data add-ons already do. See the first post for a list of what the script can do.

(2016-06-13, 02:49)MANswers Wrote: Also, i have a lot of duplicate movies, two thumbnails for few movies but just one movie directory.. can i prune or remove those duplicate entries?
if not, anyways please let me know what other things i can use with this?

You can use the script to identify duplicate movies that are in your library, ie. "texturecache.py duplicates".

Then it's up to you how you remove those duplicate movies - you could use the script, ie. "texturecache remove movie #" where # is the movie id. But if you have duplicate movies on different paths (the most common reason for having duplicate movies/thumbnails) then you need to remove one of the files to stop it coming back each time you scan your library - if you were to delete the physical duplicate movie files you don't want, then it's likely you just need to perform a library clean to remove the duplicate library entries.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-06-13, 03:29
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17