• 135(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Okay, restarting the ATV4 made som progress, I'm able to connect but still unable to start the re-cache. It get stuck after the log line "MainThread: RPC connection established with IPv4".

Config file:
Code:
xbmc.host = 192.168.1.150
rpc.port = 8080
logfile = tc_log.log
logfile.verbose = yes

Call:
Code:
./texturecache.py C debugon

Log file:
Code:
2016-08-14 18:40:43.508499:MainThread: Command line args: ['./texturecache.py', 'C', 'debugon']
2016-08-14 18:40:43.508602:MainThread: Current version #: v2.3.2
2016-08-14 18:40:43.508672:MainThread: Current platform : darwin
2016-08-14 18:40:43.508740:MainThread: Python  version #: v2.7.10.0 (final)
2016-08-14 18:40:43.508866:MainThread: libPing.JSON WEB REQUEST: [{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "id": "libPing"}]
2016-08-14 18:40:43.523847:MainThread: libPing.RECEIVED WEB DATA: 200, OK, {"id":"libPing","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"pong"}
2016-08-14 18:40:43.524037:MainThread: libVersion.JSON SOCKET REQUEST: [{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Version", "id": "libVersion"}]
2016-08-14 18:40:43.527573:MainThread: RPC connection established with IPv4

Doesn't matter what command I'm sending, e.g. "./texturecache.py stats" creates the same log ending with the "connection established". Do I need to access the ATV4 Kodi log file to determine what's happening and why it doesn't start? Nothing is printed at all in the terminal.
remove "rpc.port = 8080" from your configuration.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse, I have the Texture Cache tool working now with my ATV4.

Too embarrassing to tell what I missed, let's just say that if you follow the instructions in the wiki and given in the terminal, everything works. Rofl
Hi @Milhouse

Is there option to disable caching of animated posters and fanart?

Thanks
(2016-08-21, 02:57)the_bo Wrote: Hi @Milhouse

Thanks
What is an animated poster/fanart - is it a gif? You could try adding the following to texturecache.cfg:
Code:
cache.ignore.types=+.*\.gif$
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-21, 03:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 02:57)the_bo Wrote: Hi @Milhouse

Thanks
What is an animated poster/fanart - is it a gif? You could try adding the following to texturecache.cfg:
Code:
cache.ignore.types=+.*\.gif$

That worked Big Grin

Thanks Again
I went ahead and deleted all of my fanart.jpg and poster.jpg named files because I have duplicate files named movietitle-fanart.jpg and movietitle-poster.jpg and was under the impression that this was the newer standard of file naming for Jarvis. But when I ran texturecache.py C, it cleared all of my posters and fanart in Kodi and did not replace them with the movietitle-fanart.jpg / movietitle-poster.jpg named images. Is there a way to force texturecache.py into loading those images? If not, this is going to take a very long time.
(2016-09-10, 23:38)Henchmanc Wrote: I went ahead and deleted all of my fanart.jpg and poster.jpg named files because I have duplicate files named movietitle-fanart.jpg and movietitle-poster.jpg and was under the impression that this was the newer standard of file naming for Jarvis. But when I ran texturecache.py C, it cleared all of my posters and fanart in Kodi and did not replace them with the movietitle-fanart.jpg / movietitle-poster.jpg named images. Is there a way to force texturecache.py into loading those images? If not, this is going to take a very long time.

You can use mklocal.py to associate local artwork with your movies.

Details here.
Is it possible to cache animated posters and artworks or to not delete them with the thumbnails cleaning option?

Sorry if this was asked before.
If the animated posters/artworks are associated with your movies/tvshows/music then they can be cached by the script, and for the same reason they won't be pruned (cleaned). If they're not being cached and are being pruned then they're missing an association in your media library (in which case you need to give me more details about what it is you're trying to cache - extra fanart and thumbs can be cached by adding cache.extrafanart=yes and cache.extrathumbs=yes to texturecache.cfg).

You can configure the prune process so that it doesn't remove certain files, for example "prune.retain.types = .*\.gif$" would ensure that all GIF artwork is kept in the cache.
Thank you for your answer.

The files look like this:

movie-1080p.mkv
movie-1080p-animatedfanart.gif
movie-1080p-animatedposter.gif

I always do this 3 steps to clean up my textures.db and thumbnails.
First c, then R, then P.

With option P they get deleted i think.

I will try with "prune.retain.types = .*\.gif$"

EDIT: Option did not work.

Code:
Orphaned file found: name [animatedgifs\tt4046784_poster.gif], created [Tue Sep 13 13:16:05 2016], size [1,197,224], REMOVING..."
as example
"Orphaned file" means you have an add-on that is stuffing the animated file into your Thumbnails folder without creating a corresponding entry (row) in Textures13.db. This is an abuse of the texture cache system. It's possible you might not even want these large animated files in your texture cache as (if you have many of them) it will lead to a lot of bloat.

For the texture cache to work optimally the add-on should also be creating the associations between the movie and the artwork (eg. poster-animated, fanart-animated as alternatives to poster and fanart).

I'd suggest contacting the author of whatever add-on is creating these gif files in your Thumbnails folder and ask them to consider a better joined-up solution.
Hmmm i have no Idea which Addons it is Big Grin

Maybe it comes with the Titan Skin...anyway thank you for your reply
(2016-09-14, 19:51)epicfail Wrote: Hmmm i have no Idea which Addons it is Big Grin

Maybe it comes with the Titan Skin...anyway thank you for your reply
Animated .gifs are retrieved by skin.helper.service script.
Image Image
Hi @millhouse

I've recently started using TextureCache for artwork etc refreshes (my script which is run nightly is at the end of this thread).

I've noticed that every 3-4th night, Krypton nightlies are crashing while TextureCache is running. Below is the end of the log:

Code:
04:09:15 T:19624   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
04:09:15 T:19624  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
04:09:16 T:19624   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
04:09:16 T:19624  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
04:09:20 T:18736  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.11
04:09:21 T:12344  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
04:09:21 T:12344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: database is locked
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 392, in _on_yt_specials
                                                return yt_specials.process(category, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_specials.py", line 229, in process
                                                client = provider.get_client(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 104, in get_client
                                                context.get_function_cache().clear()
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 22, in clear
                                                self._clear()
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 150, in _clear
                                                self._execute(True, query)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 79, in _execute
                                                return self._cursor.execute(query, values)
                                            OperationalError: database is locked
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
04:09:22 T:20372  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.11
04:09:31 T:19056  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
04:09:31 T:19056   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 392, in _on_yt_specials
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_specials.py", line 229, in process
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 104, in get_client
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 22, in clear
                                                self._clear()
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 150, in _clear
                                              File "C:\Users\User User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 79, in _execute
04:09:31 T:16492  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
04:09:32 T:20372   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                                self._clear()
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?page=3&page_token=CCgQAA
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?page=3&page_token=CCgQAA) failed
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultAddonVideo.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultInProgressShows.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultMovies.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultMusicVideos.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultVideoPlaylists.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultRecentlyAddedMusicVideos.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultTVShows.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultNetwork.png'
04:09:32 T:16492   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
04:09:32 T:16492   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
04:09:32 T:16492  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultAddonVideo.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultInProgressShows.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultMovies.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultMusicVideos.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultVideoPlaylists.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultRecentlyAddedMusicVideos.png'
04:09:32 T:5136   ERROR: CGUITextureManager::GetTexturePath: could not find texture 'DefaultTVShows.png'
04:09:33 T:16628  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.11
04:09:38 T:16352  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
04:09:38 T:16352  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
04:09:40 T:16352   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
04:09:40 T:16352  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:01
04:09:40 T:15548  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.11
04:09:44 T:3380  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
04:09:44 T:3380   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                                self._clear()
04:09:45 T:16352  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
04:09:45 T:16352   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
04:09:45 T:16352  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
04:09:46 T:14932  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.2) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.11

I'm sure it's a Krypton issue, but thought to ask...

Below is my script:
Code:
REM Perform QA
C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py qax @qa.nfo.refresh=3

REM Fix the art cache for movies
C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py jd movies | C:\programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\tools\mklocal.py --local "M:\My Videos\Movies" --prefix "smb://TOWER/Multimedia/My Videos/Movies" --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\Fix_Kodi_Art_Movies.dat
type C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\Fix_Kodi_Art_Movies.dat | C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py set

REM Fix the art cache for movie sets
C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py jd sets | C:\programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\tools\mklocal.py --local "M:\My Videos\Movies" --prefix "smb://TOWER/Multimedia/My Videos/Movies" --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\Fix_Kodi_Art_Sets.dat
type C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\Fix_Kodi_Art_Sets.dat | C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py set

REM Fix the art cache for TV Shows
C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py jd tvshows | C:\programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\tools\mklocal.py --local "M:\My Videos\Television" --prefix "smb://UserCPU/My Videos/Television" --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --season --output C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\Fix_Kodi_Art_TV.dat
type C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\Fix_Kodi_Art_TV.dat | C:\Programs\Scripts\Kodi_TextureCache\texturecache.py set
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17