[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-12-12, 21:29)Milhouse Wrote: A "remote poster" is a poster image (artwork) scraped from fanart tv, imdb or similar web site, assuming the scraper supports such sites.

The scraper you are using is extracting a video screen grab from the video, presumably because it can't find a suitable poster file (remote, or local).

I suggest you contact the scraper maintainer for support on why the scraper is not finding and using the local poster.jpg artwork.

Oh, okay. And no, it doesn't support anything like that. It literally just adds a video under its name (I think it uses the folder name for that), and that's as far as it can do.

I think the behaviour for 'make a thumbnail if no poster exists' is a Kodi function. Don't think scrapers have any say on that part... like, if someone wanted to code a scraper that didn't do anything if no poster is found, I don't think that's possible because Kodi as a program does the thumbnail extraction as a separate thing.

And I'm pretty sure it's something about this script, or maybe some setting of mine, because again the scraper always detects the posters in other scenarios, and because I just tried removing my library, and then readding it with the Kodi default .nfo scrapper (not the same as the 'Stupid Movie Scraper'), and then running the texturecache.py script, and the same thing occurred. So is there any command that updates the artwork for these updated .nfos? I could run it along with the other one and it'd be fixed I think.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by firewater - 2016-12-12, 22:16
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617