[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
The script does not fetch *anything*! All the script does is automate the otherwise manual GUI process of refreshing individual movies by removing movies from the library using JSON, and then instructing Kodi to rescan the library for new videos (in particular the movies just deleted, so that they are re-added and thus in effect "refreshed"). The script absolutely does not set or change any metadata as part of this process - the only JSON requests being issued are Remove and Scan.

What Kodi does when it scans/rescans its library is entirely determined by whatever scraper is selected and how it is configured, and has absolutely nothing to do with the script. The script has no idea what scraper is being used by Kodi.

If Kodi is now pulling down missing plot information then it must be getting this from the internet via the currently selected scraper, which means you're not using the local NFO scraper. I don't know if the Stupid scraper is able to access internet connect (I don't know anything about this scraper) but from the "Stupid" name presumably not, so somehow TMDB would appear to still be selected (this is also not a script issue!)

Not sure if this is what you are doing but if you are initially loading/creating the library with the local NFO scraper, then changing scraper to Stupid, and THEN refreshing movies (now with Stupid scraper), then that might explain the different poster behaviour. If this is not what you are doing then I've really no idea...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-12-14, 06:26
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617