[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-01-12, 23:35)Milhouse Wrote: That is the point of the script, but because embedded artwork has to be extracted from the media file before it can be displayed I haven't yet found a method for automating the caching of these embedded images - any attempt to view (download) the uncached embedded artwork will usually fail as the only url Kodi has at this time is either a video or audio file and not an image file. If you find a solution, please share! Smile

What I did in the past is just call the image through the webinterface (not json api!) and that seemed to work well:
A simple head request is enough to trigger the internals to go fetch the image and put it in the cache.

Code snippet:

PHP Code:
requests.head(

url=("http://%s:%s/image/image://%s"

% (self.xbmc_hostself.xbmc_portself.url_to_process)),

auth=(self.xbmc_usernameself.xbmc_password),

timeout=(35.135.1)) 

Where the image url is the full image path you get from the json API.
Or is this something you already tried ?

EDIT: I must also say that you can see in the above snippet it uses an extremely short timeout as we don't want the results. You must however notice that the webserver cannot handle a lot of requests at the same time. In the Emby addon (where I implemented this back than) we have a limiter of maximum 25 requests at the same time and that seems to go well even on low power machines.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by User 224999 - 2017-01-13, 18:09
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17