• 151(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-05-25, 21:12)martyz Wrote: and I have no idea how run python script directly on ATV...

Ah, just noticed this - if you're not running the script on the ATV then you can't use the R option. See previous reply a few posts back.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse Actually I left "thumbnails" intact - I tried to find best setting for "userdata" property, when I downloaded data container from KODI app on tvOS, it shows path
Code:
/AppData/Library/Caches/home/userdata/
- maybe I can just delete Thumbs in this data container and push it back, forcing to download missing Thumbs again - makes sense? And I totally understand you trying to remember purpose of thumbnail property - I had to think hard what was I asking yesterday Big Grin
Thx and nice weekend to everyone!
(2017-05-25, 22:19)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-05-25, 21:12)martyz Wrote: and I have no idea how run python script directly on ATV...

Ah, just noticed this - if you're not running the script on the ATV then you can't use the R option. See previous reply a few posts back.

blind me, found your post today, so manually deleting probably only way, correct ?
thx
Probably, yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@millhouse - I had to manually delete some add-ons from the user data folder (some old incompatible add-ons that caused an endless cycle of crashing). Things work great now, but in my add-ons section, most are still listed and won't let me uninstall something that isn't there. I could have sworn there was a way to use your tool to clean up what's showing, but I only see reference to add-on thumbs sometimes getting cleaned. Do I have your tool mixed up with another one? Forgive me if i do, but I figured it'd just be best to ask.

Thanks
Must be something else, as there's only a very limited number of JSON methods to execute, view and enable/disable addons but nothing to remove/uninstall addons. If non-existant addons continue to be listed and can't be uninstalled via the GUI then you should probably open a trac ticket.
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll restart, let clean run, and see what I might be able to do.
@Milhouse got a question for you

1st really nice work on the mklocal.py and texturecache.py scripts.
It does exactly what I wanted.

But now... here's my question
Running the scripts it looks like it uses the "Texture" database of Kodi.....
But does it also modify the "art" table in the "MyVideos##" Main Kodi database ?

Because I believe that the Texture database is created based on the information in the "art" table.....

Here's an example:
In my case I have a Synology, it contains all my movies and also the Kodi main database MyVideos##
If I was to install Kodi on a computer and configure it to use my existing Kodi database, it would recreate a Textures database locally on the machine based on the info found in the MyVideos## database, no ? thus re-using all the HTTP link, and not the actual local images (located in the Synology with the movies)
(2017-07-08, 21:43)Buhric Wrote: In my case I have a Synology, it contains all my movies and also the Kodi main database MyVideos##
If I was to install Kodi on a computer and configure it to use my existing Kodi database, it would recreate a Textures database locally on the machine based on the info found in the MyVideos## database, no ? thus re-using all the HTTP link, and not the actual local images (located in the Synology with the movies)

Correct, Kodi will only cache the urls that are in your media library. If you've got local artwork it will be ignored until you replace the remote artwork urls with your local urls - that's what mklocal.py is for, although mklocal.py doesn't make any changes to your library. You use mklocal.py to generate the remote-to-local changes that you then apply to your media library using texturecache.py - if you don't apply those changes (using "texturecache.py set") then nothing will be changed in your media library. It sounds like you're not running this final step.
Thank you very much, script worked wonders

unsure why kodi would not even remove the content I kept telling it too
as I could not get Kodi to refresh for the last week or so and all recently added were all blank thumbnails

and I did not want to delete my 300gig worth of thumbnails to try and reload/rescan

*edit* no that's including actor, fan art, etc it's staying
unsure when they changed it but its been years since content was saved in the local folder that held the content
over a decade now xbmc/kodi has been working for me

just glad to have gotten it all working again spent almost 2 full days trying to solve Tongue
thought the scrapper needed to be updating and all addon updates were failing, rebuilt kodi numerous times, finally seemed to have found the issue
300GB of thumbnails??!! Blimey, maybe it's time for a purge...! Smile
(2017-07-08, 22:10)Milhouse Wrote: Correct, Kodi will only cache the urls that are in your media library. If you've got local artwork it will be ignored until you replace the remote artwork urls with your local urls - that's what mklocal.py is for, although mklocal.py doesn't make any changes to your library. You use mklocal.py to generate the remote-to-local changes that you then apply to your media library using texturecache.py - if you don't apply those changes (using "texturecache.py set") then nothing will be changed in your media library. It sounds like you're not running this final step.

Thank Milhouse, I was in fact not doing that last step....
My reasoning was flawed, because the 1st time I tried to run the mklocal.py and texturecache.py, I was running it from within the Synology and I was getting an error as it was not able to find the Texture database....

Once I ran it from my windows machine running Kodi, it downloaded everything fine ...
I did not ran the "set" command because I was not sure of the outcome and didn't want to corrupt my database ...
So I thought that it was only modifying the Texture database and not the MyVideo## database....

So today, I backed up my database, and ran the command
Code:
type fixup.dat | texturecache.py set
from a Windows DOS Command Prompt
And voila !! all is good

thanks a bunch once again !
Using this tool the first time to cache my albumart for faster scrolling in the album list. Looks like it should do this.

Below the result from running "nc":

Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

| banner | fanart | poster | season.banner | season.poster | thumb | thumbnail | TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+---------------+---------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Deleted | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Duplicate | 16087 | 17553 | 16094 | 5676 | 15086 | 277 | - | 70773
Error | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | 0
Ignored | - | - | - | - | - | 78 | 3153 | 3231
Not in Cache | 165 | 5 | 691 | 309 | 313 | 13150 | 63 | 14696
Season-all | 163 | - | 163 | - | - | - | - | 326
Skipped | 175 | 8680 | 8083 | - | 2 | 2451 | 307 | 19698
Undefined | - | 8211 | - | - | - | - | 8244 | 16455
==================================================================================================================================
TOTAL | 16590 | 34449 | 25031 | 5985 | 15401 | 15956 | 11767 | 125179

Loading: 00:01:47.23
Parsing: 00:00:18.94
Comparing: 00:00:14.29
TOTAL RUNTIME: 00:02:35.87

And below the error message when running "c":

C:\>texturecache.py c
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\texturecache.py", line 8618, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "C:\texturecache.py", line 8311, in main
if not checkConfig(argv[0]): sys.exit(2)
File "C:\texturecache.py", line 7851, in checkConfig
data = wcomms.sendJSON(REQUEST, "libPing", checkResult=False, useWebServer=True)
File "C:\texturecache.py", line 2223, in sendJSON
return self.sendWeb("POST", "/jsonrpc", id, request, {"Content-Type": "application/json"}, timeout=timeout)
File "C:\texturecache.py", line 2210, in sendWeb
return json.loads(data) if data != "" else ""
File "C:\Python27\lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2017-07-09, 04:51)steve1977 Wrote: And below the error message when running "c":

Whatever is listening on the configured webserver.port (default 8080) isn't Kodi.
Got it, thanks. Looks like I need to turn on the webserver. Let me give it another try.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17