• 167(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2018-06-07, 16:19)badbob001 Wrote: This tool seems to do a bit more than update the texturecache, so can I use this tool to add a genre to a specific movie?

In my use case, I would want to add the genre 'Extras' to movies that I have Extras/Bonus Features for.
 Hi, if the JSON RPC Api lets you do that than you can use this script to update Genres.
Image Image
(2018-06-07, 16:19)badbob001 Wrote: This tool seems to do a bit more than update the texturecache, so can I use this tool to add a genre to a specific movie?

In my use case, I would want to add the genre 'Extras' to movies that I have Extras/Bonus Features for.

Sure, identify the movie id of your movie (eg. "Avatar"):
text:
texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.movies=genre Avatar

then set your genres, in this case "Action", "Comedy" and "Horror":
text:
texturecache.py set movie 2395 genre [Action,Comedy,Horror]
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I try to refresh movie information by changing the nfo-Files.

So I have movie called "Abschussfahrt"
Code:
 ./texturecache.py Jd movies Abschussfahrt
[
  {
    "art": {
      "fanart": "image://smb://video/A/Abschussfahrt (2015)/Abschussfahrt-fanart.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://smb://video/A/Abschussfahrt (2015)/Abschussfahrt-poster.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "smb://video/A/Abschussfahrt (2015)/Abschussfahrt.mkv",
    "genre": ,
    "label": "Abschussfahrt",
    "movieid": 19,
    "title": "Abschussfahrt"
  }
]

With a changed and touched nfo containinig <genre>Komödie</genre>
Code:
./texturecache.py qax movies Abschussfahrt @qaperiod=9999 @qa.nfo.refresh=9999
Movie    [Abschussfahrt                                     ]: FAIL (missing genre; modified nfo)
Rescanning directory: smb://video/A/Abschussfahrt (2015)...

But nothing is changed, no genre is added...

What I'm doing wrong?
(2018-06-12, 22:06)Just-Me_A-User Wrote: What I'm doing wrong?

Nothing, it's working as expected.

What happens if you update the NFO, then refresh the movie via the GUI? Is the genre added or not?

The texturecache.py qax rescan process involves removing the movie from the library so that the Kodi video library scan process can find it and add it back as a new movie (with new information). So, if the movie is present in your library after texturecache.py qax has determined it has a FAIL state and has rescanned it, this means the re-scan is working correctly and the movie is being removed, scanned and loaded into the database. If the genre information is missing from the new movie this most likely means the NFO is malformed in some way - check your kodi.log for errors, or post the contents of the NFO file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Dear Milhouse,

thank you very much, after some investigations I realized that my SQL server was not configured correctly, solving that and texturecache works like a charm again.
(2018-05-08, 15:24)repulse Wrote: @Milhouse is there any way to choose download/"restore" location ? I'm using kodi with MySQL for 3 devices, and it could be great to not have to download it everytime.
(2018-05-08, 22:52)Milhouse Wrote: I don't understand the question - what command are you running?   
I'm running it with
python:
py .\texturecache.py c
You should use local artwork to avoid repeated artwork downloads. You could look at mklocal.py, or the Artwork Beef add-on, as either will download the remote artwork alongside your movies.
Yup, i've tried Artwork Beef, but it doesn't avoid all the caching process. Will take a look at mklocal.py. Any advice for it ?
(2018-06-26, 16:21)repulse Wrote: Will take a look at mklocal.py. Any advice for it ?

See the link at the bottom of the first post.
Please ignore.
Hi Milhouse,

Am having an issue running following

LibreELEC:/usr/bin # ./texturecache.py P
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./texturecache.py", line 8618, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./texturecache.py", line 8448, in main
    pruneCache(remove_nonlibrary_artwork=True)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 6538, in pruneCache
    (libraryFiles, mediaFiles) = getAllFiles(keyFunction=getKeyFromFilename)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 6757, in getAllFiles
    data = jcomms.getDataProxy(mediatype, r, uniquecast=UCAST)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 3248, in getDataProxy
    data = self.chunkedLoad(mediatype, request, trim_cast_thumbs, idname=idname, silent=silent, uniquecast=uniquecast)
  File "./texturecache.py", line 3312, in chunkedLoad
    results.extend(data["result"][section])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
LibreELEC:/usr/bin # 

LibreELEC:/usr/bin # uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.17.6 #1 SMP Thu Jul 12 21:04:45 BST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

LibreELEC:/usr/bin # lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180712210327-#0712-gb10020d [Build #0712]

Many thanks
Paul
(2018-07-13, 16:28)paulski999 Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

Am having an issue running following

I need your logfile, can you run ./texturecache.py P @logfile=/tmp/tc.log then upload /tmp/tc.log somewhere, most likely as a zip file as it will be quite large.
Hi Milhouse

As requested http://termbin.com/t263

Thanks again
Paul
(2018-07-14, 11:01)paulski999 Wrote: Hi Milhouse

As requested http://termbin.com/t263

Thanks again
Paul

The crash is caused by a PR being tested in recent nightly builds (since #0708). The issue you have discovered will be fixed in #0714 tonight - many thanks!

Edit: This may not be fixed in #0714 tonight - I'll let you know when it is fixed.
(2018-07-14, 20:25)Milhouse Wrote: The crash is caused by a PR being tested in recent nightly builds (since #0708). The issue you have discovered will be fixed in #0714 tonight - many thanks!

Edit: This may not be fixed in #0714 tonight - I'll let you know when it is fixed.

This will be fixed in #0715 on Sunday evening.
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17