• 176(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
For the IMDB update, can you add the support to update Premeried/Release date for movie? Thanks!
imdb fields are configurable, look at imdb.fields.movie
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-04-12, 02:52)Milhouse Wrote: imdb fields are configurable, look at imdb.fields.movie
The only field that may be related with Premiered/Release date is "year", I tried "python.exe texturecache.py imdb movies @imdb.fields.movies=+year | python.exe texturecache.py set", but the premiered filed of movie table is not updated. I want to get the whole date, not just year. For example, for https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3450958/, I want to get "2017-07-14", not just 2017. Is it possible?
(2019-04-12, 04:31)xodi Wrote:
(2019-04-12, 02:52)Milhouse Wrote: imdb fields are configurable, look at imdb.fields.movie
The only field that may be related with Premiered/Release date is "year", I tried "python.exe texturecache.py imdb movies @imdb.fields.movies=+year | python.exe texturecache.py set", but the premiered filed of movie table is not updated. I want to get the whole date, not just year. For example, for https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3450958/, I want to get "2017-07-14", not just 2017. Is it possible?

I've pushed 2.5.0, try adding @imdb.fields.movies=+premiered.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote:I've pushed 2.5.0, try adding @imdb.fields.movie=+premiered

Thanks! It works great!
Hi @Milhouse, for the IMDB command, the MPAA value returned for an unrated movie (
12 Angry Men, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083, for example) is "Rated Not Rated", can you modify this value to "Not Rated" or "Unrated" or "NR"? The value "Rated Not Rated" seems not be accepted by most skins.

It's better if you can also check whether there is a MPAA rating already set (not "Not Rated" rating of course) for the movie before updating the MPAA rating with "Not Rated". I manually set some MPAA ratings for some foreign country movies, they are rated as "Not Rated" in IMDB. But with this IMDB command, all of my rating settings are overwrote with "Rated Not Rated".
(2019-04-21, 01:40)xodi Wrote: Hi @Milhouse, for the IMDB command, the MPAA value returned for an unrated movie (
12 Angry Men, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083, for example) is "Rated Not Rated", can you modify this value to "Not Rated" or "Unrated" or "NR"? The value "Rated Not Rated" seems not be accepted by most skins.

It's better if you can also check whether there is a MPAA rating already set (not "Not Rated" rating of course) for the movie before updating the MPAA rating with "Not Rated". I manually set some MPAA ratings for some foreign country movies, they are rated as "Not Rated" in IMDB. But with this IMDB command, all of my rating settings are overwrote with "Rated Not Rated".

OK, try v2.5.1.

This will no longer prefix Not Rated or Unrated with Rated .

It should also no longer overwrite a movie that has an existing rating, unless the existing rating is Not Rated, Unrated (or similar, including Rated Not Rated etc. In other words, once a valid rating is set on the movie, the mpaa field will stop updating from imdb.

You can use ./texturecache.py query movies "mpaa = 'Rated Not Rated'" to identify movies with faulty ratings.
(2019-04-21, 03:48)Milhouse Wrote: OK, try v2.5.1.

This will no longer prefix Not Rated or Unrated with Rated .

It should also no longer overwrite a movie that has an existing rating, unless the existing rating is Not Rated, Unrated (or similar, including Rated Not Rated etc. In other words, once a valid rating is set on the movie, the mpaa field will stop updating from imdb.

You can use ./texturecache.py query movies "mpaa = 'Rated Not Rated'" to identify movies with faulty ratings. 

Thanks! It works great!
Seeing a small bug on update.
Quote:C:\Users\Len\AppData\Roaming\Kodi>texturecache.py s somemoviename
Successfully updated from v2.5.0 to v2.5.1

C:\Users\Len\AppData\Roaming\Kodi>C:\Program: can't open file 'Files\Python37\python.exe': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Basically my python is on "C:\program files\Python37" instead of the usual c:\python37.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3590...2#46439592

Could either use popen or quote the second parameter on line 3326.  Not sure if that second solution is portable between OS's.
(2019-04-27, 20:18)lharms Wrote: Seeing a small bug on update.
Quote:C:\Users\Len\AppData\Roaming\Kodi>texturecache.py s somemoviename
Successfully updated from v2.5.0 to v2.5.1

C:\Users\Len\AppData\Roaming\Kodi>C:\Program: can't open file 'Files\Python37\python.exe': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Basically my python is on "C:\program files\Python37" instead of the usual c:\python37.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3590...2#46439592

Could either use popen or quote the second parameter on line 3326.  Not sure if that second solution is portable between OS's.

The problem, on Windows, is this line:
Code:
os.execl(sys.executable, sys.executable, *args)

sys.executable is the full path to the Python binary, this works fine on Linux if the path contains a space (ie. /storage/abc def/python, tested with both Python2.7 and Python3.6), but on Windows it's not working as mentioned here.

Not sure how best to solve this - I don't plan on rewriting the update procedure if I can help it and may just disable auto-update for Windows users: to update, Windows users would instead have to perform a manual update check with texturecache.py update, and with auto-update disabled any subsequent commands will not choke on a new version (not that there should be a new version as you've just updated etc.).

Currently the checkupdate property defaults to yes, but on Windows the quickest solution might be to default this to no.

As a quick fix for the current version (ie. implement the method I've just described, albeit not automatically) add checkupdate = no to your config and run texturecache.py update each time before all other commands to ensure you always have the latest version.

Although thinking about it some more, disabling auto-update on Windows punishes all Windows users with Python installed as C:\Python37\python.exe, which is sane and works, so the best solution may be for me to do nothing, and you should fix your system by installing Python to C:\Python37, or use the workaround above (disabling checkupdate. Yes, I like this option the best, but thanks for reporting an odd issue! Smile
(2019-04-28, 00:07)Milhouse Wrote: Although thinking about it some more, disabling auto-update on Windows punishes all Windows users with Python installed as C:\Python37\python.exe, which is sane and works, so the best solution may be for me to do nothing, and you should fix your system by installing Python to C:\Python37, or use the workaround above (disabling checkupdate. Yes, I like this option the best, but thanks for reporting an odd issue! Smile

Yeah I would not expect it to be disabled for the general case. Mine is just slightly odd because of visual studio and one of the install options in python37. I did not have a linux box handy to try out a quick and dirty try. So I was not sure if just going from
os.execl(sys.executable, sys.executable, *args)
to
os.execl(sys.executable, '"' + sys.executable + '"', *args) # that is singlequote doublequote singlequote
would work there. I know it would on windows. I have run into issues like this in the past with python and windows/linux/threadx. Where the code is 'right' but the libs act slightly different as the OS they sit on are slightly different. Usually something in the os library. Most annoying.

I say just let it error out as it does the download and I can just retry the command. No biggie. I may experiment with it a bit and see if I can get it to work with both better. This usually involves fiddling heavily with the way strings are quoted on each system and finding one both like.
Hi @Milhouse

Currently if there is no URL information for an actor in database, "c" command won't cache thumbnail for the actor. Is it feasible to get the URL information from TMDB/IMDB and cache the actor thumbnail? Some times, when you were scraping, there was no thumbnail information available, but later the information is added to TMDB/IMDB, also the information can be updated.
(2019-04-30, 23:36)xodi Wrote: Hi @Milhouse

Currently if there is no URL information for an actor in database, "c" command won't cache thumbnail for the actor. Is it feasible to get the URL information from TMDB/IMDB and cache the actor thumbnail? Some times, when you were scraping, there was no thumbnail information available, but later the information is added to TMDB/IMDB, also the information can be updated.

No, sorry that's what scrapers are for - this script is not a scraper, it simply caches already scraped artwork. Maybe Artwork Beef can update missing cast artwork.
(2019-05-01, 01:56)Milhouse Wrote: Maybe Artwork Beef can update missing cast artwork. 

Unfortunately it can't.

As far as I know, the only way to save cast locally (in .actors folder) is through Export library > Export thumbnails and fanart (yes) > Export actors (yes)

The only downside is that if I choose No in Export thumbs & fanart (to avoid overwrite of the artwork downloaded in full quality with AB) then the Export actors option does not appear.

I don't understand why it is possible to export the artwork without the actors but not the other way around...
Hello guys,
Following this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2853902
I'm looking for a way to refresh on a daily basis the poster and nfo information in Kodi from the files stored with videos.
Do you have anyway to cron that with your tool?
Thanks
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17