[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-11-02, 23:59)Milhouse Wrote: ...

Thank you very much for your research.

First of all, the 1430 music files are all still there, but the program still wants to delete the textures. This still seems to be a bug to me.

But now to the main problem. Now my guess seems to be correct with the error in the profile handling of Kodi! I had already observed this several times, but first I thought it couldn't be. But there is no error in your script!

Here my observation:
  • If your script switched an active sub-profile (in my case "children") back to the master profile (parents), or if you do this in Kodi itself via the profile switch, then the media of the sub-profile will still be displayed for about 5-7 seconds, although the master profile is already active!
  • The correct media will only be displayed in the widgets (Last added, etc.) after this time.
  • The whole "mess" even goes so far that you can quickly switch to movies or series after switching, you can even see the media of parents and children mixed first.
  • This will then be cleaned up automatically after 5-7 seconds (but sometimes only after a restart of Kodi) and you will only see the media of parents (Master Profile).
  • Thus I strongly suspect that the caching already starts and that elements of the previously active sub-profile are cached in the Master Profile, although they are not present in the profile at all, but are still displayed for some time.

What do you think, could that phenomenon be the cause? But that would then be a very unpleasant error in Kodi's caching!

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by rainman74 - 2019-11-03, 00:42

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617