[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-11-22, 16:24)IT007 Wrote: To put it simply, I'd like to have the texture cache updated when new media is scanned in to the database, but without having Kodi client PCs running or running Kodi. Can this be done at all? Hopefully you get the idea from my confusing explanation.

Not easily as the texture cache is not meant for sharing - the idea is that the texture cache is a local resource for each client. Maybe you can achieve something close to what you want with path substitution but that has all sorts of issues because, as said already, the texture cache is not meant to be shared.

What you really want is UPnP but that's still a work in progress.

What I'd suggest is that you scrape new content into a "master" instance of kodi, then iterate over your other kodi clients, waking them if required, cache all the new artwork, the put the client back to sleep (if it wasn't already awake). You can accomplish this by making various calls to texturecache.py and a bit of script work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2019-11-22, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17