• 180(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
suddenly (i not not watch the output much) the script is telling me following

home/kodi/texturecache.py C tvseries @cache.artwork=poster @cache.refresh=0

"ERROR: tvseries is not a valid media class"

This has always been working (or denied telling it is an issue) Wink
tvseries has never been a valid media class - what you should be using is tvshows
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello, thank you for this seems pretty useful.

I have a question though.

Is it impossible to manage texture cache belonging to a "another Kodi instance"? For example, a client and server, both running Kodi. Client loads Thumbnails and textures13.db from the server.  Server instance of Kodi is never used for browsing, only updating the MySQL database and so does not need to cache anything.

I tried setting the paths on the script config to the Kodi Client "Thumbnails" folder and associated textures13.db (residing on the server, using path substitution and symbolic link), and tried to use the script with the server instance of Kodi to update these. However, the script ignores the paths from the config and proceeds to populate the "Thumbnails" folder of the server instance of Kodi.

To put it simply, I'd like to have the texture cache updated when new media is scanned in to the database, but without having Kodi client PCs running or running Kodi. Can this be done at all? Hopefully you get the idea from my confusing explanation.
(2019-11-22, 16:24)IT007 Wrote: To put it simply, I'd like to have the texture cache updated when new media is scanned in to the database, but without having Kodi client PCs running or running Kodi. Can this be done at all? Hopefully you get the idea from my confusing explanation.

Not easily as the texture cache is not meant for sharing - the idea is that the texture cache is a local resource for each client. Maybe you can achieve something close to what you want with path substitution but that has all sorts of issues because, as said already, the texture cache is not meant to be shared.

What you really want is UPnP but that's still a work in progress.

What I'd suggest is that you scrape new content into a "master" instance of kodi, then iterate over your other kodi clients, waking them if required, cache all the new artwork, the put the client back to sleep (if it wasn't already awake). You can accomplish this by making various calls to texturecache.py and a bit of script work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-11-22, 19:48)Milhouse Wrote: Not easily as the texture cache is not meant for sharing - the idea is that the texture cache is a local resource for each client. Maybe you can achieve something close to what you want with path substitution but that has all sorts of issues because, as said already, the texture cache is not meant to be shared.

What you really want is UPnP but that's still a work in progress.

What I'd suggest is that you scrape new content into a "master" instance of kodi, then iterate over your other kodi clients, waking them if required, cache all the new artwork, the put the client back to sleep (if it wasn't already awake). You can accomplish this by making various calls to texturecache.py and a bit of script work. 
Thanks for the information.

Yeah, I don't really need to share the texture caches, I was just wondering if they could be on and updated on the remote server only with out the clients running.

I ended up doing something similar to your suggestion, but real time updating of cache as new content is scanned is pretty much out of the question. Since the Client PCs are not exclusive to Kodi use, I need to: Wake the client PC -> Start Kodi -> Update texture cache -> Close Kodi. What if Kodi is already playing something when the cache update script finishes wants to close it? Also if I'm doing something else on the machine I don't want Kodi window popping up. I guess it could be done with advanced scripting, but it goes beyond my ability.

So I update the caches at night, not perfect but I guess it will have to do.
Hi, can someone explain me what does the Duplicate means in this output from texturecache.py nc ?

Its duplicate files for the same texture?

Cache pre-load activity summary for "addons/agenres/vgenres/pvr.tv/pvr.radio/albums/artists/movies/sets/tvshows":

|    banner   |    fanart   |    poster   | season.banner | season.poster |  set.fanart |  set.poster |    thumb    |  thumbnail  |    TOTAL    
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+---------------+---------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Duplicate     |     8111    |     8462    |     8201    |      3441     |      7559     |     345     |     345     |      10     |      2      |    36476    
Error         |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      24     |      43     |      67     
Not in Cache  |     346     |     1597    |     1983    |       -       |       -       |      55     |      56     |     7639    |     420     |    12096    
Season-all    |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Skipped       |      -      |      -      |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0      
Undefined     |      -      |     136     |      -      |       -       |       -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |     207     |     343     
==============================================================================================================================================================
TOTAL         |     8457    |    10195    |    10184    |      3441     |      7559     |     400     |     401     |     7673    |     672     |    48982
(2019-11-26, 16:20)mvrk Wrote: Hi, can someone explain me what does the Duplicate means in this output from texturecache.py nc ?

Its duplicate files for the same texture?

Explained at the bottom of this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2728798
@soflip - if you're going to PM me with questions, at least enable private messages on your end so I can send you a reply.

As I'd already typed out my reply I'll post it here rather than have you think I'm ignoring you.

soflip Wrote:Hi,

How can I add the filename in the output of

texturecache.py qa movies @qa.file=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies=

Thanks a lot!

Not sure which filename you are referring to - do you mean how to redirect the output to a filename? Use:
text:

texturecache.py qa movies @qa.file=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies= >qa.txt
and the output will be written to qa.txt.
(2019-11-28, 22:58)Milhouse Wrote: @soflip - if you're going to PM me with questions, at least enable private messages on your end so I can send you a reply.

As I'd already typed out my reply I'll post it here rather than have you think I'm ignoring you.

soflip Wrote:Hi,

How can I add the filename in the output of

Thanks a lot!

Not sure which filename you are referring to - do you mean how to redirect the output to a filename? Use:
text:

texturecache.py qa movies @qa.file=yes @qaperiod=9999 @qa.art.movies= >qa.txt
and the output will be written to qa.txt.    

Sorry, I didn't know that there was an option to allow PMs...    Sleepy

About my question, what I mean is that if the output of 

text:

is 

text:

Movie    [The Best Movie                                  ]: WARN (missing file)

I would like to have something like 

text:

Movie    [The Best Movie - the_best_movie-1988.mkv                                 ]: WARN (missing file)

where "the_best_movie-1988.mkv" is the filename of the missing movie in a disk that was damaged.

Thanks
No, not currently possible.
I had a export / Import fail and now have no images for anything accept for new content
( re-exporting what was just imported is 1/10th the xml size  but the added / watch dates are all their so I will live with it )

the re-exported xml file has all the art as DefaultVideo.png , so my guess it sees that and assumes all is well ?

I use a sql database and looking at it the <thumb> links seem to be all "NULL" ?
tried doing the deleting of Textures13.db but fanart still did not get re-added

./texturecache.py C  does not seem to try and re-fetch either unless it was new stuff which it already had fanart for ?

what can I do to get blank artwork to be overwritten ?

[qax] Like the qa option, but performs a remove and then rescan of any media found to fail the QA tests
will this keep my time stamps ? date added last watched etc ? unsure if the remove / rescan alters those or not
Don't know, look at your movie or tv show media library metadata with "jd movies <moviename>" or "jd tvshows <tvshowname>" - if your media library metadata is trashed there's not much this script can do as you'll need to re-scrape it.
Thanks for the reply , but as I can still roll back to a working snapshot so no major drama yet

is their a way for me to remove all Thumbnail / Fan art links etc so I can do a fresh mysql dump and re-import for kodi to re-fetch the images ?
for some reason kodi does not seem to re-import the single file export correctly
( another plan is to just give the network rw permissions to I can do multi-file backup but from memory this also wanted to alter nfo's )

what I am trying to do is change the paths of the media files taking them off the samba share and making them local again
while keeping all my date added / watch status votes etc
( for some reason since matrix it can not see new files added on the network path anymore )

still trying to work out how jellyfin managed to change a heap of the kodi sql entries to point to its image content it was bad enough a heap of my nfo's got over written

when I was replacing file path strings I also noticed the system is looking at the image files that are in the exported backup's over the years  and they were not actually re-imported back into the kodi folder

*edit*

I ended up rolling back to try again  14gb mysql Db

how can I go about cleaning up these entries , and getting the images back into the profiles folders

s01e08-thumb.jpg'),(118,68,'episode','thumb','/SnapRaidArray/Anime/xbmc_videodb_2017-10-29/tvshows/

if I remove the xbmc_videodb_XXX  backups would your script then fix the missing files ?
EDIT: Turns out I needed to reboot the Odroid... seems to be working now, no errors... /me dumb.

I have a problem running this tool. I deleted the userdata\Database\textures13.db file and the userdata\Thumbnails folder. So now I want to use this tool to get my thumbnails and backgrounds back, but it's giving errors.

I have copied the most recent texturecache.py and texturecache.log file to my Odroid and I am accessing the Odroid over SSH in Putty.
I am testing it now with just 1 movie, but these errors happen for every media I have tried.

I run 'texturecache c movies 2001' in the SSH console, and the result is this:

Cache pre-load activity summary for "movies", filtered by "2001":

|  cast.thumb |    fanart   |    poster   |  set.fanart |  set.poster |    TOTAL
--------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Deleted       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Duplicate     |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Error         |      20     |      1      |      1      |      1      |      1      |      24
Ignored       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Skipped       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Undefined     |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
==================================================================================================
TOTAL         |      20     |      1      |      1      |      1      |      1      |      24
Download Time | 00:00:15.96 | 00:00:01.57 | 00:00:01.58 | 00:00:01.61 | 00:00:01.57 | 00:00:19.12

My texturecache.cfg file is very simple, just this:

sep = |
userdata = ~/.kodi/userdata
dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
thumbnails = Thumbnails
xbmc.host = <ip to odroid>
webserver.port = 8080
webserver.username = <username>
webserver.password = <password>
cache.castthumb = yes
logfile = texturecache.log
logfile.verbose = yes

The log is showing several errors. First of all, this one appears several times:

2019-12-23 01:09:08.800448:MainThread: libTextures.PARSING JSON DATA: {"error":{"code":-32603,"message":"Internal error."},"id":"libTextures","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

And also multiple ones like this:

2019-12-23 01:09:26.370826:Thread-2  : preparedl.RECEIVED WEB DATA: 200, OK, {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"details":null},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":"preparedl","jsonrpc":"2.0"}
2019-12-23 01:09:26.371496:Thread-2  : Image not available for download - uncacheable (embedded?), or doesn't exist. Filename [image://http%3a%2f%2fimage.tmdb.org%2ft%2fp%2foriginal%2f90T7b2LIrL07ndYQBmSm09yqVEH.jpg/]

Any idea what could be wrong? There seems to be an issue converting non-alphabetical characters in the url string? I have searched this entire thread but could not find anything that looks like this issue.
Entire log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/kohizuzufu.kodi
I'm running into a strange error. The script is getting stuck before it really begins, both when run locally and remotely. Nothing is written to the script's log when this happens, it's like it does not start at all(cmd running the script is stuck and has to be closed). Restarting Kodi does not help but rebooting Windows on the machine running Kodi fixes it. Because of this I don't think Kodi debug log would help? I have no idea how many days I would need to log waiting for it to happen again...

Windows 10, Kodi 17.6 Dsplayer, latest texturecache.py
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17