• 184(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-03-15, 05:50)clockwerk Wrote: What about specific tvshows? Like the example i gave above.
I re-read your #6 and may have overlooked the last line - if texturecache.py c tvshows "Batman Beyond" is matching multiple shows then I'll need a log to determine why it is doing that. Run:
text:

texturecache.py jd tvshows "Batman Beyond" @logfile=/tmp/tc-jd.log
texturecache.py c tvshows "Batman Beyond" @logfile=/tmp/tc-c.log
then upload the files /tmp/tc-jd.log and /tmp/tc-c.log (pastebin should be fine if they're not too large, or zip them).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi @Milhouse i have a question about my kodi setup......... i have look inside my files......... look at there:
Code:
root@osmc:~# du -hs /*

cut cut cut

5,2G    /home

cut cut cut
Look the size of my HOME folder....... i have also checked inside of it..... and i have found this:
Code:
root@osmc:~# du -hs /home/osmc/.kodi/*
200M    /home/osmc/.kodi/addons
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/media
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/My_Builds
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/sounds
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/system
1,1M    /home/osmc/.kodi/temp
5,0G    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata
root@osmc:~# du -hs /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/*
147M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
84M     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Database
8,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/favourites.xml
40K     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
16K     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/library
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/mediasources.xml
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml
24K     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data
16K     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/playlists
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/profiles.xml
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/RssFeeds.xml
44K     /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Savestates
4,0K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml
4,7G    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails
root@osmc:~# du -hs /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/*
301M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/0
305M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/1
300M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/2
291M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/3
314M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/4
303M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/5
299M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/6
299M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/7
293M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/8
298M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/9
300M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/a
300M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/b
299M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/c
296M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/d
296M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/e
305M    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/f
588K    /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/Video
root@osmc:~#
OMG... i have about 5GB of Thumbnails!! OMG...... i have look inside all folder and it's present files even 2 years old!!!

The question it's...... it's whit script can help to clean some space from my currently setup ??

Look my current situation:
Code:
root@osmc:~# df -h
File system                    Dim. Usati Dispon. Uso% Montato su
devtmpfs                       368M     0    368M   0% /dev
tmpfs                          373M  9,8M    364M   3% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2                 7,1G  6,3G    407M  95% /
tmpfs                          373M     0    373M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                          5,0M     0    5,0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                          373M     0    373M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1                 240M   47M    193M  20% /boot
cut cut
tmpfs                           75M     0     75M   0% /run/user/0
root@osmc:~#

It's this script working on a osmc setup ? If yes how i can execute correctly ?

*EDIT After some test*
I have apparently some help need........ i have correctly setup but there's no works for me... look:
Code:
osmc@osmc:~$ ./texturecache.py s "where lastusetime <= '2020-01-01'"
Matching row ids:
osmc@osmc:~$ ./texturecache.py x "order by lastusetime asc"
Matching row ids:
Matching row ids:
osmc@osmc:~$
I have tryed to search all thumbnails from lastusetime to this 01-Jan-2020. Apparently there's no works but i have tryed to use "s 'Top'" and so many voices appears.....

it's because my apparently language it's setted to italian ??
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2020-03-18, 22:31)DjDiabolik Wrote: It's this script working on a osmc setup ? If yes how i can execute correctly ?

Yes - use ./texturecache.py P to prune your texture cache of unnecessary images.

(2020-03-18, 22:31)DjDiabolik Wrote: [quote="DjDiabolik" pid='2932517' dateline='1584563506']
I have apparently some help need........ i have correctly setup but there's no works for me... look:
Code:
osmc@osmc:~$ ./texturecache.py s "where lastusetime <= '2020-01-01'"
Matching row ids:
Matching row ids:
Matching row ids:
osmc@osmc:~$

Try:
text:

./texturecache.py s "size=thumb"

as this will find any url that includes the text size=thumb.

But yes, ./texturecache.py x "order by lastusetime asc" does now appear to be broken, not sure when or why that happened.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@millhouse how to cache the thumbnails of the episodes? With my profiles they are not cached :-(

e.g. python texturecache.py c @profile.name=Kids
@rainman74 please send me a log.

Edit: if you only want to cache episodes, try "python texturecache.py c tvshows @profile.name=Kids"
(2020-03-22, 20:14)Milhouse Wrote: @rainman74 please send me a log.

Edit: if you only want to cache episodes, try "python texturecache.py c tvshows @profile.name=Kids"

I know, but this doesn't work either. Only a few thumbnails of the series are cached. I have now from about 17,000 episodes already 7,000 manually chached by clicking ;-)

Log: Log.txt
i take this photo from my phone:
https://imgur.com/a/tBIVSXV

@Milhouse i hope now it's all ok.
i have execute this from my tablet connect to my osmc setup by ssh client.
it's take a very long time and this is the result.... i hope all this file it's very deleted from my sd....
Can this work in an Android TV with Android 9 using Kodi 18.6? Can't find how to make it work, how to execute the script.

If I just want to delete the whole database of thumbnails so it fully recreates it again, is still good to do it deleting textures13db and the thumbs folder, or I will have problems?
(2020-03-23, 19:46)TassMetal Wrote: Can this work in an Android TV with Android 9 using Kodi 18.6? Can't find how to make it work, how to execute the script.

If I just want to delete the whole database of thumbnails so it fully recreates it again, is still good to do it deleting textures13db and the thumbs folder, or I will have problems?

mmmmmm.. an Android TV you can run a ssh client to run this script ? If yes simply create his cfg files correctly and insert in this cfg the correct path to reach the userdata folder and all other path.

After that..... i supporse you can also run like me:
./texturecache.py P

After a lot of time........ all thumbnails it's deleted from your kodi. Simply restart kodi after that.
(2020-03-23, 19:50)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 19:46)TassMetal Wrote: Can this work in an Android TV with Android 9 using Kodi 18.6? Can't find how to make it work, how to execute the script.

mmmmmm.. an Android TV you can run a ssh client to run this script ? If yes simply create his cfg files correctly and insert in this cfg the correct path to reach the userdata folder and all other path.

After that..... i supporse you can also run like me:
./texturecache.py P

After a lot of time........ all thumbnails it's deleted from your kodi. Simply restart kodi after that. 

Sorry mate, but that's what i'm asking, if I can run some client in Android TV to execute the script or not.

Also, do I really have to use the script if I don't want to delete certain files but the whole thumbnails cache and db, won't it be safe if I just delete .db and folder?
(2020-03-24, 01:18)TassMetal Wrote: Sorry mate, but that's what i'm asking, if I can run some client in Android TV to execute the script or not.

Also, do I really have to use the script if I don't want to delete certain files but the whole thumbnails cache and db, won't it be safe if I just delete .db and folder? 

Oh ok.... problably if you want to use this script yes you need to install or enable the internal terminal on you Android TV. I don't know if it's possible but on "Play Store" there's present a lot variat of "terminal emulator" look here:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fir...l+emulator

After install one of this you need a keyboard for run this script etc etc.

Otherwise before to use that i have found so many guide/tutorial over internet........ some of this simply suggest to reach the userdata/database and deleted the Texturexx.db and from userdata folder delete all folder "Thumbnail" and restart your kodi and it's recreate from beginnig.
You can simply use google to find a guide...... I would put one for example but some source they have questionable content.........
(2020-03-22, 22:59)rainman74 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 20:14)Milhouse Wrote: @rainman74 please send me a log.

I know, but this doesn't work either. Only a few thumbnails of the series are cached. I have now from about 17,000 episodes already 7,000 manually chached by clicking ;-)

Log: Log.txt

Based on your log, it looks like most of your tvshows are already cached.

The log tells me that you have 20665 artwork items skipped (already cached), and only 274 were selected for caching (of which 4 items failed to cache: 3 cast thumbnails from thetvdb.com, and one "Season All" poster for "smb://FRITZ-NAS/FRITZ.NAS/Mediaserver_4/Kinder/Serien3/Das Geheimnis der Hunters/season-all-poster.psp" - what's a psp?)

When the script runs is Kodi switching to use the "Kinder" profile? The log informs that the "Kinder" profile is loaded by Kodi, so I assume this is working.

If you cache for the "Master user" (Eltern?) profile, do you get different cache results?

Can you tell me one tvshow/series/episode that you think should have been cached, but wasn't?
(2020-03-23, 04:20)DjDiabolik Wrote: i take this photo from my phone:
https://imgur.com/a/tBIVSXV

@Milhouse i hope now it's all ok.
i have execute this from my tablet connect to my osmc setup by ssh client.
it's take a very long time and this is the result.... i hope all this file it's very deleted from my sd....

Yes, that looks like the expected output from the "s" command. If you run the "P" command then it will delete thumbnails that are not referenced by your media library - the script doesn't really know where the thumbnails are located, but Kodi does and it's Kodi that will delete them...

If you've got a Python2 or Python3 interpreter on Android 9 then yes the script should work. Otherwise the best option is to use a computer that does have Python2 or Python3 (a PC, Windows, Linux etc.) and when you run the script you tell it to connect to your Kodi client running on Android 9 (ie. texturecache.py @kodi.host=192.168.0.123 c tvshows etc. where 192.168.0.123 is the IP address of your Android device).

(2020-03-24, 01:18)TassMetal Wrote: Also, do I really have to use the script if I don't want to delete certain files but the whole thumbnails cache and db, won't it be safe if I just delete .db and folder?

If you want to delete the entire thumbnail cache then no - the script is not the best way to do that! To nuke the entire cache you only need some way to access the storage on your Android device - once you have that, you can shutdown kodi and delete both the Thumbnails folder and Textures13.db file, and when you restart kodi it will create an empty cache.
(2020-03-24, 07:15)Milhouse Wrote: Based on your log, it looks like most of your tvshows are already cached.
Unfortunately this is not the case. Could it be related to the fact that I have previously cleaned up the parent master profile (see comment below), and that this also deleted all the assets of the children profile. But apparently it didn't record this in the children's textures.db (because the parent profile was active) and now assumes that they are all still chached. I use Kodi 18.x, which has known problems with profiles and profile switching.

Quote:The log tells me that you have 20665 artwork items skipped (already cached), and only 274 were selected for caching (of which 4 items failed to cache: 3 cast thumbnails from thetvdb.com, and one "Season All" poster for "smb://FRITZ-NAS/FRITZ.NAS/Mediaserver_4/Kinder/Serien3/Das Geheimnis der Hunters/season-all-poster.psp" - what's a psp?)
Of the 20665 artworks only about 7000 are manually cached, I think it wrongly assumes that more are already cached, which is not the case!
A PSP is a Corel Paint Shop Pro file. But it should not be cached, because a suitable JPG is also in the folder.

Quote:When the script runs is Kodi switching to use the "Kinder" profile? The log informs that the "Kinder" profile is loaded by Kodi, so I assume this is working.
Yes, I have already switched manually to children ;-)

Quote:If you cache for the "Master user" (Eltern?) profile, do you get different cache results?
When I clean up the Parents profile (P), all assets of the children profile are also deleted. The parent profile is renamed from "Master user" to "Parent".
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17