[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I am using texturecache.py v2.5.2 on a libreelec x64 installation which runs from a usb stick (sandisk ultrafit usb3.1). I know the version is not the latest one, but this is the one that comes with libreelec 9.2.2 today.
I do not use a library on that system because I use kodi as a player for my dlna server, so I just use texturecache.py to clean up the cache from stored thumbnails. 99.9% of this cache comes from content which updates very frequently, e.g. the thumbnails of youtube videos and live streams, the thumbnails of twitch channels (although I have set it them to refresh every 3 hours which is the maximum value) and the thumbnails of webcams from places around the world.

Every Saturday, I clean up that cache and it takes me ~30 minutes for ~100MB of files, all of them at below 100kb! That is insanely slow even for a usb drive. Given the fact that I do not use a library, wouldn't it be better to just delete the entire thumbnails folder and textures.db and have kodi rebuild them the next time each addon needs them?

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by jim_p - 2020-04-11, 19:21

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.