[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2020-05-31, 15:53)shred00 Wrote: I want to regularly clean out stale thumbnails.  From what I understand I want the P option for that, and the p option is a "dry-run" version of that.  Am I correct so far?

If by "stale" you mean thumbnails that are no associated with movies, tvshows or music (ie. thumbnails associated with YouTube videos and other accumulated dross) then yes - that's the correct option.

(2020-05-31, 15:53)shred00 Wrote: is there a more efficient way to run it for all profiles at once?
No, however you can retrieve a list of all profiles on the client using texturecache.py profiles which you could potentially parse and iterate over in a script.

(2020-06-01, 13:21)shred00 Wrote: Am I misunderstanding that P is the option to remove stale entries in Thumbnail/ directories? I ran:

bash:
$ texturecache.py P @profile.name=Foo

but thumbnails it listed in column 2 of it's output are still on the disk. Should they not be removed?

The "P" option should remove cached artwork from the Thumbnails folder that is not associated with any music/movies/tvshows in your media library. It will not remove original artwork from your media folders (in case that's what you think it should be removing).

The script will be asking Kodi to remove the cached artwork from the Thumbnails folder so if the removal is not succeeding then first thing to check would be the kodi log - perhaps there's a file permission problem.

Failing that, can you run (I'm assuming you are using Linux):
bash:
$ texturecache.py P @profile.name=Foo @logfile=/tmp/tc.log
and then if cached artwork still isn't being removed upload /tmp/tc.log somewhere (preferably zipped) and send me the link.

Also be aware that each profile will have it's own Thumbnails folder so make sure you're checking the correct folder after running the P option.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2020-06-02, 05:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17