[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2021-05-16, 14:51)ilf_ Wrote: I am trying to remove all titles from my library that don't have files (any more). Someone told me to check out texturecache.py, and it's indeed very cool and very powerful.

However, I still haven't figured out how to achieve my task.

I ran "texturecache.py vclean" and it seems to have done what I want. This is cool! But weird.

According to Milhouse himself, "'vclean' just executes the same video library cleanup process that you would run from the Kodi GUI".
But according to Kodi wiki, "when you run this option your media may not be deleted as expected".

And indeed, when I run "clean library" from the GUI, titles that have no file are kept in the library.
But when I run "texturecache.py vclean", titles that have no file are removed from the library.

Is this correct?

What exactly does "texturecache.py vclean" do? The documentation only sais "Clean video library" without explaining any further details.
I have looked into the 8672 lines of code in texturecache.py, but unfortunately my Python is not good enough to figure this out myself from source.

Thanks for your work and help!

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by ilf_ - 2021-05-19, 20:42

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.