Linux Dual Boot
Hello.

I want windows7 and Xbmcbuntu dualboot.

I installed windows7 on a 50G partition, then I installed Xbmcbuntu on a 15G partition. Now when I start the computer it automaticly starts xbmcbuntu.

What I would like is:

*If I dont press a given button(F1,f2,f3 or something) it boots xbmcbuntu.
*If I press the button, boot windows7.

I will start xbmcbuntu 99/100 boots, but I might use windows sometimes so I want Xbmcbuntu to be the default choice,

As you understand I'm a total beginner at Linux, so help would be very nice! Smile
That's what you will have. At the grub screen on boot you can choose windows or let it automatically go to xbmcbuntu.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
But I dont. It automatically boots xbmc.. I installed windows first, then XBMCBuntu. On a separate 15G partion, but I cant see the windows partition from XBMCBuntu wich boots auto.
What's the output of the mount command. This will tell you whether Linux is seeing the Windows partition or not. If it isn't you may need to install ntfs-3g which can read and write to NTFS filesystems.

To get a Windows option at boot time you may need to either run sudo update-grub so grub can rewrite its config file to put a Windows option on the boot screen, or add a timeout period to grub. It may be booting into Linux by default without a timeout option set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Boot0