Solved Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off
Boardcrusher,

I will give one of them a try tonight. I am curious, when you had the VNC solution working, did it require a constant remote connection, or did you just apply the settings via the remote connection then disconnect? I assume the purpose of VNC is just to allow you to change settings with the monitor disconnected. Thanks for the links, have spent a lot of time reading about this issue from all the links provided in this thread. Amazing how many suffer from this issue.
I had the same problem. The registry hack worked like a champ for me.

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...ost-728795
(2013-03-08, 18:15)Diggs Wrote: Boardcrusher,

I will give one of them a try tonight. I am curious, when you had the VNC solution working, did it require a constant remote connection, or did you just apply the settings via the remote connection then disconnect? I assume the purpose of VNC is just to allow you to change settings with the monitor disconnected. Thanks for the links, have spent a lot of time reading about this issue from all the links provided in this thread. Amazing how many suffer from this issue.

I set the resolution once using VNC. Then it remembers that it needs to keep it at 1920*1080, so you can disconnect afterwards. So your assumption is correct.

EDIT: just tried it. Used the method in the first link, first the solution posted by robbo100. I think that's what I used earlier, but now in CCC it doesn't show resolutions greater than 1600*1200 (so could not perform step 6). I think this is because the CCC is quite different now from what it was then. Anyway, went on with the steps as added by rsbrux in the same link/post, and I'm pretty confident that I now have the working solution again (haven't really tested it much yet). I will report if it's a fail after all, but so far so good.
IT SEEMS TO BE FIXED!!!

It was a very busy weekend, and great weather outside so I didn't get to spend as much time on this as I wanted. I really wanted to post on here all the settings I changed. First and foremost the registry change linked by boardcrusher is the method I used. This worked mostly, but I needed to change a few other settings to get it completely correct.

1. The Catalyst drivers - I looked through all settings and see there is an autodetect setting, which was enabled. I changed this to manual.
2. All this time I thought I had been running XBMC full screen, when in fact it was in a full screen window. I changed this.
3. Vertical blank sync was also disabled, but I am not sure this has any impact. I would like to have this enabled and will test it this week and see if it impacts anything.

I was still getting an odd sized window for XBMC after the registry changes, but it was much improved. It seemed like a 4x3 aspect ratio was kicking in and I would have just one small bar to the right after turning the monitor back on. I changed all 3 settings above and XBMC would remain full screen at all times. I need to determine which of these 3 have any affect. I am guessing #2 was a big one and also the auto detection of the monitor in #1 would be key. Not sure that #3 had any affect at all, but then again I changed 3 things, rebooted and tested and it worked. Bad method I know, but just wanted to let people know that it is now resolved and working and how I got there.

Thanks EVERYONE for the input on this and I hope this helps someone else in the future.
Good to hear you fixed it. Just wanted to point out that the method I used solved the problem immediately, without having to go through any of the other steps you mentioned. Also, since I already had VNC installed anyway, I think that the VNC-method is easier (for me anyway).
I need to try that as I have the same problem...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I had the same problem with the ccc 13.3 drivers.
When i use the ccc 12.8 it works.
One of the best threads I found
One of the simplest and most unknown solutions is #4 from this post...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1426172
Right done this on Win7. Anyone tried this on Win8??
N
the registry hack did something, it now opens XBMC in a small resolution Big Grin

But at least you can see the whole interface, and two quick taps on the \ fixes it, and I always use the keyboard for navigation anyway Smile

Did anyone have succesful experiences with blocking the 19th pin?
I didn't need to as I moved to openelec. That solved the problem for me. N
I have this problem as well but my setup is a little different.
Mac OSx mini server with mavericks OS
Philips TV connected as the only display via HDMI

The problem i faced was when the TV was switched off over a prolonged period of time or when the TV switched itself off due to a period of inactivity.

The symptoms are exactly as described in this thread, the XBMC was not in windows mode but surely smaller (about third of its full screen size).
The audio also disappeared which forced me to restart the Mac server before all went back to normal.

Now I have "keep audio device alive" set to "always" in "system - settings" and that seems to have helped the audio issue, but the screen still shrinks.

I will attempt the pin 19 exclusion and see if that works. (although i believe that killing the auto detection is not a real solution but merely a work arround).

I have tested the setup with a multitude of hardware specs.
- Android box
- Android MK mini
- MAC notebook (I have attempted with 3 version of the apple OS X software)
- Windows 7 (Fujitsu)
- Windows 8 (Lenovo)
- Windows 8.1 (Lenovo)
- Mac mini server (mavericks)

I even tried 2 different TVs and a dell screen + 1 wall mounted projector

All displayed the same problem/symptoms.

It would be a fair conclusion on my part to think it is an XBMC issue, or in the very least an XBMC burden to fix.

I gladly take tips regarding this matter.
The following works for me:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BusID "PCI:01:00:0"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0,DFP-1"
Option "UseHotplugEvents" "false"
Option "UseEDID" "true"
Option "IgnoreEDID" "false"
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/epson.edid.bin;DFP-1:/etc/X11/onkyo.edid.bin"
(2015-04-19, 15:01)myweb Wrote: The following works for me:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BusID "PCI:01:00:0"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0,DFP-1"
Option "UseHotplugEvents" "false"
Option "UseEDID" "true"
Option "IgnoreEDID" "false"
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/epson.edid.bin;DFP-1:/etc/X11/onkyo.edid.bin"
Where would you do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off2