How to deal with two artist albums?
Did a search, but didn't really find the answer I was looking for.

I have several albums which are collaborative works between two famous musicians.

Examples: "Riding with the King" (B.B. King & Eric Clapton); "Nashville Session" (Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash); "Raising Sand" (Robert Plant & Alison Krauss) etc etc etc

What I would like to do is have these albums show up in BOTH artists individual locations when you view "Artists", but just have the one album on the server.

That way, when I look at my Dylan library, I see Nashville Sessions, and the same for Johnny Cash.

I don't want to do the "show artists only in compilation" setting, as there are SO many albums where you have 4 people doing one song together, then 12 songs like that on the album (good example is a lot of Gangsta rap). The point is to keep my artists directory lean & clean, but still find everything easily.

As it stands now, these are in standalone "artists" folders as "B.B. King & Eric Clapton", etc etc Problem with this is that now you are dealing with an additional set of fanart, artist thumb, nfo (including bio, genre, mood, etc) Plus, you have all these orphaned collaboration one-offs with only one album in the artist directory.

Is it possible that XBMC has a tag indicator (say a semicolon) where if you name the album artist using this character or prompt using a tag editor, that it will "know" to split up in the GUI into the individual artists listed in the album artist audio tag? If so, that would be the bees knees, and get my last bit of stuff tweaked out and done.

Thanks in advance
yup. supported since forever. 'artist1 / artist2' by default.
(2013-03-06, 21:07)spiff Wrote: yup. supported since forever. 'artist1 / artist2' by default.

Beautiful! I knew it had to be,..

Just did a test run, and works EXACTLY as I had hoped!

Thanks spiff for the 411

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to deal with two artist albums?0