i did this:

./bootstrap
./configure
make zip

to compile vnsi for xbmc.

then

(sudo) make VDRDIR=/usr/include/vdr LIBDIR=/usr/lib/vdr/plugins

to compile vnsi vdr plugin

i used this branch: git clone --branch vnsi4 https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc-pvr-addons.git

but first i had to update xbmc using:
add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-testing
apt-get update & upgrade

i guess it's about it?
ok, found one bug that causes (at least, mine) XBMC to freeze, and black screen.
in System-LIVE TV- General, if u press "Use backend channels number) xbmc freezes and u get black screen.

quick question unrelated:

TIMESHIFT USING RAM:
pause,play is so fast, smooth and stable... really nice, thank you so much for this.

(don't know where else to ask, sorry).

I get all my channels that use é í ó ú á ç ã , with crazy charts, what do you think it could be the problem?
EPG and channellist is like that. Is this xbmc, vdr or ubuntu (portuguese) problem?
When using w_scan to create channels.conf don't forget the switch for utf-8. In case you channels.conf is not utf-8, you can convert it with iconv.
I have set those variables in runvdr:

export VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="ISO-8859-15"
export LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
my channel list is utf-8, i used notepad++.

export VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="ISO-8859-15"
export LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"

where do u set this? should i use ISO-8859-1 and pt_PT ? for portuguese?

use iconv? dunno what's that mate.
thank you in advance
ok i added this:

export VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE="ISO-8859-1"
export LANG="pt_PT.UTF-8"

to /etc/default/vdr

and channel.conf as ISO-8859-1 and all is perfect now. thank you guys Smile
notepad++ means that you did edit the file on Windows. Did you save it in Unix style?
use file -bi channels.conf to check the codepage. type man iconv, the man pages will tell you more about it.

Some channels do not broadcast the codepage used for EPG. vdr allows to set an override. ISO-8859-15 should do, it's for Portuguese as well.
Yes, use pt_PT.
I don't know how you got vdr and how it is launched on your system. I launch it by a script named runvdr. Export the environment variables in this script.
hm im trying to compile vdr vnsiserver plugin right now... dont get what im doing wrong...

Quote:root@ubuntu:/usr/src/vdr-1.7.41-272~d1b0368/PLUGINS/src/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver# make VDRDIR=/usr/src/vdr-1.7.41-272~d1b0368/
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vnsiserver4"' -DVNSI_SERVER_VERSION='"0.9.2"' -o vnsi.o vnsi.c
vnsi.c:27:24: fatal error: vdr/plugin.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [vnsi.o] Error 1
root@ubuntu:/usr/src/vdr-1.7.41-272~d1b0368/PLUGINS/src/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver#

thanks for your help.
I have the same problem, can not compile vnsiserver4 if I stay directly in the source folder.

Seems, that this is no longer supported. You have to go into the vdr source folder and then run make. This should also make all plugins - and, you have to rename vdr-plugin-vnsiserver to vnsiserver4 first
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
You compile in the source tree of vdr?

folders in vdr's path /PLUGINS/src starting with vdr- are ignored. Create a symlink named vnsiserver which points to the whatever/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver
cd to VDRDIR
make

that's it.
(2013-03-21, 19:27)Nachteule Wrote: I have the same problem, can not compile vnsiserver4 if I stay directly in the source folder.

Seems, that this is no longer supported. You have to go into the vdr source folder and then run make. This should also make all plugins - and, you have to rename vdr-plugin-vnsiserver to vnsiserver4 first

Works for me without problems. I would avoid any special characters like ~ in the source path.
(2013-03-21, 19:39)FernetMenta Wrote: Works for me without problems. I would avoid any special characters like ~ in the source path.
I don't have any vdr related include files in the /usr/include folder (support of vdr unter openSUSE isn`t the best, so I compile everything unter the vdr source folder) and i think the compiler looks for some include files in /usr/include/vdr
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
(2013-03-21, 11:28)FernetMenta Wrote: notepad++ means that you did edit the file on Windows. Did you save it in Unix style?
use file -bi channels.conf to check the codepage. type man iconv, the man pages will tell you more about it.

Some channels do not broadcast the codepage used for EPG. vdr allows to set an override. ISO-8859-15 should do, it's for Portuguese as well.
Yes, use pt_PT.
I don't know how you got vdr and how it is launched on your system. I launch it by a script named runvdr. Export the environment variables in this script.

i deleted /var/cache/vdr/epg.dat

and just did what i said in post #65 and all is working good now.
EPG and channel names.

xbmc alpha,vdr alpha, vnsi alpha. updated all this and gotta say, speed,smoothness is amazing.
(using oscam as cccam client)
If you compile vdr from source it does not need any other files located out of the source tree. If you compile a plugin directly make looks for a file names vdr.pc. Either you have installed vdr with make install or you specify VDRDIR with make. All relevant information for building is in vdr.pc
(2013-03-21, 20:04)FernetMenta Wrote: If you compile vdr from source it does not need any other files located out of the source tree. If you compile a plugin directly make looks for a file names vdr.pc. Either you have installed vdr with make install or you specify VDRDIR with make. All relevant information for building is in vdr.pc
Yes, I know this - but it won't work

Code:
kmxbmc:/usr/src/vdr-1.7.40/PLUGINS/src/vnsiserver4 # make VDRDIR=/usr/src/vdr-1.7.40
g++ -g -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -O2 -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"vnsiserver4"' -DVNSI_SERVER_VERSION='"0.9.2"'  -o vnsi.o vnsi.c
vnsi.c:27:24: fatal error: vdr/plugin.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [vnsi.o] Error 1

Btw, I've never touched vdr.pc

But if I do this:

Code:
kmxbmc:/usr/include # ll vdr*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Mar 11 15:59 vdr -> /usr/src/vdr-1.7.40
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Mar  8 17:33 vdr-1.7.27 -> /usr/src/vdr-1.7.27
kmxbmc:/usr/include # ll libsi*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Mar 11 16:00 libsi -> /usr/src/vdr-1.7.40/libsi/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Mar  9 22:27 libsi-1.7.27 -> /usr/src/vdr-1.7.27/libsi/

make generates vnsi4 plugin w/o an error
Have you ever installed vdr with make install? iirc this will generate vdr.pc
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI4 alpha3