• 15(current)
VNSI4 alpha
I took it from your repository:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc.git (cloned the 13rh April) which is already containing the update you referred if I read it without mistake.
Setting RAM Timeshift buffer larger than 20x100MB doesn't work, according to VDR log buffer size has negative values.

Code:
VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: -1794967296

I have 32bit PAE kernel, what is theoretically maximum possible timeshift buffer value? 30x100mb or 40x100mb?
I changed size_t to off_t. Could you update and try again?
Max value for RAM is 40x100mb.
Ok, now changing RAM Timeshift buffer:

Code:
40x 100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: -294967296
30x 100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: -1294967296
28x100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: -1494967296
25x 100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: -1794967296
22x 100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: 2200000000
21x 100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: 2100000000
20x 100 VNSI: allocated timeshift buffer with size: 2000000000

despite negative values being reported , playback works after restart up to 28x100 MB

That's on 12GB RAM with 32bit PAE kernel.
The negative values are caused by a wrong format specifier for the info log. afaik despite pae a single process can't claim more than 3GB memory on a 32bit OS.
Thanks for explaining.
Hi!

I have two questions about VNSI4.

(2013-04-19, 19:57)FernetMenta Wrote: Ahh, ok. So you have turned on timeshift in addon settings. Did you activate it on the server? settings->live tv->client specific->timeshift
Note that pvr seeking in Frodo is broken, means timeshift is not that much fun with xbmc 12.
What if there is no timeshift in client specific? I only have 'VDR admin' there, but when I choose this XBMC crashes immediately. I have Frodo + VNSI4 (built yesterday) + VDR 2.0.0.

And my second thing is:
Normally my XBMC runs very stable BUT.. when I switch channels too fast XBMC crashes. It's just closing itself. Any way to fix this?
From which branch did you built the addon? You know that the addon in vnsi4 is not compatible with Frodo.
vdrplugin: branch vnsi4
XBMC add-on: branch frodo
It's been a while since I did my last tests with Frodo. Will run some tests when back home.
Okay, thank you! Smile
If it's helpful I can post the crash log files when I'm home.
It would be helpful if you could test Gotham for the channel change issue. I think the crash on dialog entry is easy to reproduce. I you post a log I can look at it (I am traveling and can't do much without my test systems)
Here are the log files:

Crash on channel switching: http://home.blazor.org/xbmc_logs/umschalt.txt
Crash on VDR admin: http://home.blazor.org/xbmc_logs/vdradmin.txt

I now upgraded to 12.2 prestable but the problems still exist.

I test Gotham maybe any time.
I just compiled XBMC 12.2 together with my frodo branch. It does not crash when entering the admin dialog. Something must have gone wrong with your setup. You don't have enabled debug logging in advanced settings, hence you logs don't tell to much.
I made new logs now with debugging. Same links.

I really hope to find a solution Sad

/e: Tried Gotham now, same problem(s).
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI4 alpha3