How to delete a video after watching it?
Well, I have never received the e-mail containing the link to this log. What could I do?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Upload it manually to www.xbmclogs.com and you'll get an assigned URL when you submit.
OK, I did, may be it now works: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7678
You're getting a bunch of errors like the following, which seem to indicate corrupted/unreadable skin files:
Code:
23:43:31 T:3656   ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\Dirk\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence-vertical\720p\DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml, Line 0

Try switching to the default Confluence skin.
OK, so there seems to be some skins of poor quality...but the horizontal scrolling menus of the default skin is...not made for using a mouse, I guess. Is there another skin, which might work properly?

Deleting does not work yet, as it seems.
The default skin works with mouse. Be sure you enable it in input device settings. If you still can't delete files with the default skin, please post a new log showing you attempting to delete a file... at least now we shouldn't see all those skin errors in there.
<<<The default skin works with mouse. Be sure you enable it in input device settings.
Yes, it works with mouse, but how it does, it is not that easy / convenient...actually it is extremely inconvenient to hit the scrolling / horizontal menus for me. Yes, it is enabled.

Why are there so many errors, only caused by this skin? How could I find out which skins are usable, which ones aren't?

OK, here it is: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7803
You were using a skin that wasn't Frodo compatible. XBMC is designed to be used primarily with a keyboard or remote control. Anyway, none of that is really relevant to your issue now.

What is your I: disk? The log shows errors trying to delete files from there. Do you have delete permission for that drive from your XBMC user account?
<<<You were using a skin that wasn't Frodo compatible.
I understand, so already installed skins do not get disabled automatically when incompatible and they can be download / installed in the "Skin" / "Add on" section though not compatible; but where could I find such an information before installing (or after installing) about the compatibility?

<<<What is your I: disk?
A partition of two on a 1000 GB hard disk, on the other partition is C:, Win 7 installed.

<<<<Do you have delete permission for that drive from your XBMC user account?
Actually I would say, I do not even know that I have such an account, so I guess, no. How / where can I create such an account?
I was referring to a Windows user account. I thought perhaps your I: drive might be mapped from another system and if the Windows user account you were using doesn't have R/W permission on that mapped drive, then you can't erase files on it.
A mouse is not supposed to be used as a input device in XBMC in fact most skins dont support it at all, if you have a mouse may as well use a keyboard. I like this moans and growns is easier than accepting the alternative.
(2013-03-29, 20:20)Dirki Wrote: <<<You were using a skin that wasn't Frodo compatible.
I understand, so already installed skins do not get disabled automatically when incompatible and they can be download / installed in the "Skin" / "Add on" section though not compatible; but where could I find such an information before installing (or after installing) about the compatibility?

Its not XBMC.org Frodo Repo available through XBMC its likely not compatible right? So its your responsibility to check if something is updated to work with Frodo if your not using official sources which have been tested and known working, right?

XBMC has checks towards this, when ppl arent doing anything manually and overriding these checks that is.

uNi
<<<<I was referring to a Windows user account. I thought perhaps your I: drive might be mapped from another system and if the Windows user account you were using doesn't have R/W permission on that mapped drive, then you can't erase files on it.
Oh, sorry, I understand.

Thanks, uNi.
<<<<Its not XBMC.org Frodo Repo available through XBMC its likely not compatible right?
Sorry, I do not quite understand this.

<<<So its your responsibility to check if something is updated to work with Frodo if your not using official sources which have been tested and known working, right?
Yes, absolutely. From now on I only will use official sources. So all of the skins / add ons available through the XBMC GUI are usable / compatible, I assume.

<<<<XBMC has checks towards this, when ppl arent doing anything manually and overriding these checks that is.
Sorry again, I do not understand.
(2013-03-29, 21:18)Dirki Wrote: <<<<Its not XBMC.org Frodo Repo available through XBMC its likely not compatible right?
Sorry, I do not quite understand this.

The place where you got the skins wasn't official so likely not going to be compatible. Your responsibility to check since your going to install manually and override checks.

(2013-03-29, 21:18)Dirki Wrote: <<<<XBMC has checks towards this, when ppl aren't doing anything manually and overriding these checks that is.
Sorry again, I do not understand.

Yea Understand this, many works out there do not have dedicated paid developers making these things compatible so dont complain to the community that crappy skins, when you're the one using things that could or not work properly. so if it fails blame yourself.

Cheers.

uNi
Forgive me for posting, but I'm unsure if this guy got his problem sorted or not as it all reads very confusing Big Grin

Anyway,
from what I can gather, i dont think that what he is asking is actually possible from within xbmc natively.

It sounds like his file structure is this:
Each individual movie, is in an individual folder.
C:\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.avi

It sounds like he is having trouble after watching a movie and looking to remove it from the library AND have xbmc delete the folder containing the movie (and all it's Fanart) from his dive.

At least that is what I think he is saying, and if so, xbmc doesn't support this feature Sad
Thanks, uNi.

<<<<The place where you got the skins wasn't official so likely not going to be compatible. Your responsibility to check since your going to install manually and override checks.
OK, no more going to unofficial places.

<<<Yea Understand this, many works out there do not have dedicated paid developers making these things compatible so dont complain to the community that crappy skins, when you're the one using things that could or not work properly. so if it fails blame yourself.
Yes, that is clear, I understand, no complaining anymore.

<<<Forgive me for posting, but I'm unsure if this guy got his problem sorted or not as it all reads very confusing
There isn't anything to forgive, Patrick, I am thankful for your post, sorry for confusing you.

<<<It sounds like his file structure is this:
Each individual movie, is in an individual folder.
C:\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.avi
Sorry, no, all the files are in one folder.

<<<<It sounds like he is having trouble after watching a movie and looking to remove it from the library AND have xbmc delete the folder containing the movie (and all it's Fanart) from his dive.
No, just one single file to delete, no fanart or anything else. After watching I try to delete the file in the file list, but it doesn't work.

<<<At least that is what I think he is saying, and if so, xbmc doesn't support this feature
OK, I see, very big confusion, sorry again: just one file to delete, it doesn't work, the file cannot be deleted on my system, it stays on the hard disk, clicking "Delete" doesn't work.

Thanks again, Patrick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete a video after watching it?0