Linux How can I best connect xbmc to jackd in order to use brutefir
Hi,

I am planning to merge my audio-system with my cinema-system to free a room.

I am running a 3-way active setup controlled by brutefir for listening to music so far and of course I want to integrate it into the xbmc-system. In order for that to work I will need to get xbmc to output to jack. I don't want to use alsa_bridge (alsa_in / alsa_out), because it consumes a lot of processing-power and converts the audio to match jackd's sampling-frequency, even when they already match.

Does anybody know, how things are when using the alsa-plugin for jack? In the jack-documentation it says, that it has some issues. One of them is, that if an application stops playing audio, it becomes invisible to jack. I am not sure what that means..

Why actually does xbmc not support jack natively?
No one?
Hi, I'm using xbmc with this setup:
XBMC->PULSEAUDIO->JACK-SINK->JACK->brutefir. It's the only way i've found to use brutefir with xbmc. ...with kernel rt ...
Hi Dalbach, in the off-chance you see this, thanks for the PM-reply; unfortunately I cannot now reply in turn due to this unpleasant forum's updated rules regarding PMs.

I managed to cobble together something along the lines you mentioned and it has worked well enough for me over a few years, but it is nowhere near reliable or clean enough for me to share as a 'solution'.
Best solution: Implement a native jack sink for Kodi. For now we have ALSA, Pulseaudio and SNDIO. It's easy to do and the way forward.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I best connect xbmc to jackd in order to use brutefir0