• 5(current)
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.4
Yes, all that is pre-Frodo.

We don't clean up because we want users to be able to go back to Eden in case things really turn pear-shaped etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-03-24, 04:03)jmarshall Wrote: Yes, all that is pre-Frodo.

We don't clean up because we want users to be able to go back to Eden in case things really turn pear-shaped etc.

OK, well I got out of my problem by just restoring my entire /userdata/ folder minus those pre-Frodo folders, and thereby saved 1.1 GB. That is compared to the 1.6 GB this script claimed to save but caused other problems (missing artwork, etc.). Note that even after that, I'm left with only about 2 GB of free storage space on the ATV2, so it's pretty crucial to clean up somehow.

I understand what you say about reverting. But you should provide a cleanup option in the system settings (with a dialog recommending backing up first). Also, there really should be some routine automatic purging of cached images, especially preview thumbnails from add-ons. Thanks again.
(2013-03-22, 18:21)m4x1m Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 18:04)mcfreiz Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 12:55)ctawn Wrote: • when I first ran sim mode it didn't appear to be working so I must have hit the go button 3-5 times. Now it's on it's third run through with apparently no way to cancel. How do I get out, short of rebooting atv?

click the button once and wait. it takes about 10 seconds before you see anything happening on the ATV2.
since you hit the go button 3-5 times, its going to run it 3-5 times

I had to pull the plug on the to stop it

After clicking on Simulate, the buttons are disabled? If not, checks the xbmc log for errors! I don't have any way to test on ATV2. In my system after clicking the Simulate button, all the buttons are disabled to prevent another click, then I can not understand how it is possible to click 3-5 times.

I have more info on this, hopefully it helps you to troubleshoot.
when you first click clean/simulate, you can still click the buttons while its getting a file count/filling out the chart with numbers. once you see the notification about it generating hashes, that's when the buttons are disabled.
When I had 2.5gb of thumbs (about 50k files I think), it was taking about 20 seconds or more, now that its cleaned and only have about 250mb of data, its takes 2-3 seconds before the buttons are disabled.
I think I did a good job! I hope! Angel

Please test it and let me know!

Use simulation (check the files that will be copied) and make a backup of your Thumbnails folder before to proceed!

Now, you can query textures database to delete fields.

JSON queries in some cases may require a bit of time. Please wait!

Download
script.thumbnailscleaner-1.0.5.zip

Code:
v1.0.5:
- Rewritten for using JSON RPC.
- Improved the check on destination folder.
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
looks awesome, just did a clean with new version, so far so good.

quick question
there is a way to clean only thumbs for online videos, like youtube, vimeo, and stuff
without touch music,movie,tvshows ?
the reason is that plugins like twitch tv change thumbs and posters from time to time, and the only way to change in xbmc is cleaning them.
i did query, looks awesome but need clean 1 by 1, is good but not super fast.

Keep the good work
Cheers
I just testing 1.0.5, it goes better, but obtain a fail when it analizes series (i think it is 4th or 5th round of json analys)

Quote:18:17:03 T:4476 NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Found 2 seasons in Breaking In
18:17:03 T:4476 NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Found 2 seasons in Breakout Kings
18:17:03 T:4476 NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Found 1 seasons in Bunheads
18:17:03 T:4476 NOTICE: [Thumbnails Cleaner] - Found 4 seasons in Californication
18:17:03 T:4476 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\gui.py", line 91, in onCli
ck
elif controlId == self.idSimulate: Cleaner( self ).doClean(True)
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner\resources\lib\cleaner.py", line 232, in
doClean
Progress.update( ( countList*100 )/len( self.tvShows ), normalize( addonLanguage(30213) ), str( tvShow[1] ), "
" )
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
18:24:07 T:5352 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
18:44:07 T:2352 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:44:07 T:2352 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
18:44:07 T:2352 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:44:08 T:2572 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
18:44:09 T:2352 NOTICE: Service: 8082 actors took 1.2019999027252197
18:54:08 T:1756 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:00:47 T:4000 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.thumbnailscleaner
19:00:48 T:3288 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:00:48 T:4912 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:00:48 T:4560 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
19:00:48 T:4912 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:00:53 T:4000 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
19:00:53 T:4000 NOTICE: Saving settings
19:00:53 T:4000 NOTICE: stop all
19:00:53 T:4000 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
19:00:53 T:5264 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
19:00:53 T:4000 NOTICE: stopping upnp

I don't know what's referring when it says

"error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe0' in position 6: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):"

Where is this non ascii character? in a particular thumb?
(2013-03-27, 18:43)Middle Wrote: looks awesome, just did a clean with new version, so far so good.

quick question
there is a way to clean only thumbs for online videos, like youtube, vimeo, and stuff
the reason is that plugins like twitch tv change thumbs and posters from time to time, and the only way to change in xbmc is cleaning them.

Keep the good work
Cheers

The option "Remove textures with empty LastHashCheck field (normally http:// url)" is designed for do this. From my experience the youtube thumbs or anyway the remote thumbs are archived in textures database without a lasthashcheck, but I could be wrong! I will try to test better!

(2013-03-27, 20:13)john.doe Wrote: I just testing 1.0.5, it goes better, but obtain a fail when it analizes series (i think it is 4th or 5th round of json analys)

I don't know what's referring when it says

"error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Traceback (most recent call last):"

Where is this non ascii character? in a particular thumb?

Damned ascii Angry

Download
script.thumbnailscleaner-1.0.6.zip

Code:
v1.0.6:
- Fixed some unicode strings.

It's already working !!

From 3,1 Gb and 84000 files to 1,0 Gb. Great job !!

Congrats !
(2013-03-27, 21:11)m4x1m Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 18:43)Middle Wrote: looks awesome, just did a clean with new version, so far so good.

quick question

Keep the good work
Cheers

The option "Remove textures with empty LastHashCheck field (normally http:// url)" is designed for do this. From my experience the youtube thumbs or anyway the remote thumbs are archived in textures database without a lasthashcheck, but I could be wrong! I will try to test better!

I think i understand how it works now,
when i run, it cleans all addons thumb and refresh all my movies/tvshows/music art (i need scroll 1 by 1 to get art back).
i was looking for way to only erase http: ones and stuff, and not touch at all movies/tvshows/music.
but i can do the job with query, which is awesome.
(2013-03-27, 16:29)m4x1m Wrote: I think I did a good job! I hope! Angel
[...]
Code:
v1.0.5:
- Rewritten for using JSON RPC.
- Improved the check on destination folder.
It (v1.0.6) cleaned almost all my tvshows/movies fanarts (I did have a backup, so not a big deal). I didn't check for the music library part.
I don't know where the problem could be (my skin - Aeon Nox - is using extrafanart, perhaps that's the problem ?) but it seems pretty unusable to me for the moment.
I'll be glad to help if you need some logs in debug mode or whatever (just tell me what you need).
Hi m4x1m,

Why doesn't Thumbnails Cleaner work on OpenELEC XBMC ?
I can initially configure the destination folder, but when it displays main menu, all six buttons can be selected but not executed.
Not even 'Exit' works. I have to reboot the computer.
Tried with, keyboard and other forms of remotes, the same results....
Running the newest Frodo 12.1 and Thumbnails Cleaner 1.0.6
The very same script (the same download) works great on my Mac and iPad XBMC.

Thanks.
Ooops,

Disregard my previous post...
Just wasn't patient enough, I guess.
I took almost a minute for the script to start working.
Running it as I am writing this, fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Cupko
(2013-03-30, 15:52)esprit Wrote: It (v1.0.6) cleaned almost all my tvshows/movies fanarts (I did have a backup, so not a big deal). I didn't check for the music library part.
I don't know where the problem could be (my skin - Aeon Nox - is using extrafanart, perhaps that's the problem ?) but it seems pretty unusable to me for the moment.
I'll be glad to help if you need some logs in debug mode or whatever (just tell me what you need).

For all!

Sections that will be controlled
Movies (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Sets (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
TV Shows (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Seasons (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded, I made a little workaround for season-all-poster.jpg)
Episodes (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Music Videos (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Video Genres (movies, tvshows, musicvideos) (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Artists (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Albums (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Songs (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Music Genres (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Actors (movies, tvshows, episodes) (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
Addons (all images that are returned from json query will be excluded)
All files that are present in the Textures database (no JSON) - You can query textures database to delete fields.

The extrafanart images are stored in Texture database.
From Texture database, the script, delete (if enabled) only the fields with an empty lasthashcheck (normally they starts with http:// url)

All the remained images in Thumbnails folder, that I think doesn't have any relationship with the XBMC database,will be copied/moved

I don't know which other images could be important, I used all (I think) the possible JSON query.

Will there ever be a feature so you can choose what type of thumbs to delete? Like if you don't want any episodes thumbs you can set the script to remove all of them ? That would be awesome Big Grin
Any chance of getting this to do fanart too? Ideally a configurable location, as I have artwork downloaded and organiser puttin fanart into specific folders for film and tv shows so I can have fanart as backgrounds to the film and tv sections on the main menu.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Thumbnails Cleaner v1.1.44