Scraping Episodes all stored in one big TV Folder
(2013-12-11, 17:00)morfraen Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 20:23)Ned Scott Wrote: Episodes from different TV shows in one folder? Nope. No way. Not going to happen.

Why though...? The scrapers already get all the info they need from each individual file, why does the folder structure matter at all?

The current way our scrapers work just can't do this reliably. If every file was ShowName.Number.episodeTitle.mkv, maybe, but there's tons of variations. However, it is likely possible with the future scraper system called Heimdall, which is a lot more intelligent about figuring these things out.
Of course everything isn't named that way, but why can't content that is named properly 'just work'? Getting the show name and season from parent folders should be a fallback path for when they're not found in the filename IMO. Hopefully the new system can be more flexible.
(2013-12-14, 01:09)morfraen Wrote: Of course everything isn't named that way, but why can't content that is named properly 'just work'? Getting the show name and season from parent folders should be a fallback path for when they're not found in the filename IMO. Hopefully the new system can be more flexible.

Because that's the way it's written. You are welcome to recode it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Rexo posted in another thread the regex that he says should work. I have tried it with no luck, but maybe its a start. If someone can take a look at it, maybe we can get something working Smile

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2293204

(2016-03-26, 23:41)rexo Wrote: Hello after some debugging I found way to scan TV Shows all placed in one folder.
With this there is no need to move each show to separate folders:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<cleanstrings>
<regexp>[ _\\,\\.\\(\\)\\[\\]\\-](ac3|dts|custom|dc|remastered|divx|divx5|dsr|dsrip|dutch|dvd|dvd5|dvd9|dvdrip|dvdscr|dvdscreener|screener|dvdivx|cam|fragment|fs|hdtv|hdrip|hdtvrip|internal|limited|multisubs|ntsc|ogg|ogm|pal|pdtv|proper|repack|rerip|retail|r3|r5|bd5|se|svcd|swedish|german|read.nfo|nfofix|unrated|extended|ws|telesync|ts|telecine|tc|brrip|bdrip|480p|480i|576p|576i|720p|720i|1080p|1080i|3d|hrhd|hrhdtv|hddvd|bluray|x264|h264|xvid|xvidvd|xxx|www.www|cd[1-9]|\\[.*\\])([ _\\,\\.\\(\\)\\[\\]\\-]|$)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _.]?[Ss][0-9]+[ _.x]?[Ee][0-9]+.*</regexp>
<regexp>(\[.*\])</regexp>
</cleanstrings>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I added this second regex, first and last are copied from Kodi source code.
This second one removes season and episode numbers from name while sending request to info provider.
In Windows, you can use EpisodeMover:

http://www.xequte.com/other/Index.html#EpisodeMover

Call it after copying your video files, like this:

EpisodeMover C:\TV Shows\

It moves files named like this:
My.Episode.S17E02.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv
Some TV Show S03E21 description.mkv

To:
My Episode\My.Episode.S17E02.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv
Some TV Show\Some TV Show S03E21 description.mkv

(Automatically, by looking for the S00 text)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Episodes all stored in one big TV Folder2