channel names as callsigns instead of channel name
I am having trouble getting the logos to work in xbmc. Everything works fine in NPVR but I get no logo love in XMBC. However I think this is a symptom of a deeper problem.I think it has something to do with the fact that xbmc is for some reason using the original call sign of the channel and not the name of the channel I changed it to. ie. originally the channel name was "KOMO-DT" I changed the name to "ABC". in XBMC though it is using the name "KOMO-DT" so when I name the jpg or png it matches the channel name in NPVR so it shows up. if I try to match the logo name to the call sign that shows up in xmbc I get nothing anywhere but I think that is becasue it doesnt match the channel database in NPVR. Any help would be appreciated.
Do you see the channel logos in NextPVR's own TV Guide?
(2013-03-14, 17:13)sub3 Wrote: Do you see the channel logos in NextPVR's own TV Guide?

I do see the logos in NPVR.
They should show up in XBMC then.

Do you get any channel logos in XBMC, or are they all missing?

Is this XBMC on Windows, or something else?
Right, I thought the same thing that they should show up in xbmc, but alas I get absolutely no logos in xbmc. This is windows.
I was thinking that it had something to do with xbmc using the original callsign instead of the channel name that I changed on the NPVR backend. Do you think the channel name difference could cause a problem.
If you want to zip up your npvr.db3 file, and your C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels directory, and put them somewhere I can download them from, I'll check it out for you.
(2013-03-14, 19:11)sub3 Wrote: If you want to zip up your npvr.db3 file, and your C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels directory, and put them somewhere I can download them from, I'll check it out for you.

ok here is the npvr.db3 and the channels directory. NPVR Files

thanks for looking
(2013-03-14, 20:05)tyrob56 Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 19:11)sub3 Wrote: If you want to zip up your npvr.db3 file, and your C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Channels directory, and put them somewhere I can download them from, I'll check it out for you.

thanks for looking
Hmm, odd. I tried your database and logos here, and they came up straight away. I didn't have to do anything.

Do you have any files in special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.nextpvr/? On Win7 this translates to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\pvr.nextpvr
(2013-03-14, 21:37)sub3 Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 20:05)tyrob56 Wrote:

thanks for looking
Hmm, odd. I tried your database and logos here, and they came up straight away. I didn't have to do anything.

Do you have any files in special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.nextpvr/? On Win7 this translates to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\pvr.nextpvr

The only thing that is in the ...addon_data/pvr.nextpvr directory is the settings.xml

Ok so this is weird I started XBMC again and now I have the logos there. and in the pvr.nextpvr it shows the cashed version of those picture files.
However I am still having the problem that xbmc is still using the Old Callsign and not the Name of the channel. Any suggestions on fixing the names? If not I guess its not the worst thing in the world to have to see the channel call sign I am just worried about it passing the wife test.Big Grin
Ok, glad you got your icons working.

When I tried your database here, your channel names showed as ABC and NBC, not "KOMO-DT" etc. It might be something to do with XBMC caching channel information. Maybe go into Settings->LiveTV->General, and click 'Reset PVR Database'.
That worked. I thought I had been doing that but I was continuously resetting the EPG database. The reset of the PVR database did the trick.

As far as I'm concerned this is SOLVED

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
channel names as callsigns instead of channel name0