[RELEASE] YouTube Channels - Organize and watch your favourite channels
(2015-05-16, 16:46)xxfury2xx Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 02:47)Azanura Wrote: I made a patch some days ago. It's available here.
Pardon the n00b question, but how would I go about applying this patch? Would love to see if this get YouTube Channels working again as the vast majority of my Kodi use is with this add-on.
This is a patch file for version control (basically used for software development). I'm already testing/implementing a new addon.
(2015-05-17, 03:38)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-11, 02:47)Azanura Wrote: I made a patch some days ago. It's available here.
Pardon the n00b question, but how would I go about applying this patch? Would love to see if this get YouTube Channels working again as the vast majority of my Kodi use is with this add-on.
This is a patch file for version control (basically used for software development). I'm already testing/implementing a new addon.
Ah, OK. Thanks for the explanation. Also, thanks for all of the work you put into developing add-ons. I tried making a donation on pledgie, but it says you don't accept donations in my currency (USD)?
mhmm...this is strange and you're right Smile
can you try again Smile I hope I found the problem.
Hey all! My addon is ready to use (I hope so! ), sorry bromix, I was a faster coder Wink

Youtube Channels v0.0.1 by natko1412
-create folders
-add channels to those folders (simple channel search implemented - no need for user to edit the code)
-based on SQLite

This is my first addon / piece of software that uses databases, I hope I did a good job Wink
Also, please if you have any feature requests, I'm here to help

I haven't done much testing so I hope you guys can do it Smile
Download addon , but I recommend installing my repo to receive future updates Smile

My GitHub
Damn right you were faster Wink
Assuming you're using Linux:
Code:
cd ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube.channels/
patch </path/to/difffile

(2015-05-17, 22:28)natko1412 Wrote: Hey all! My addon is ready to use (I hope so! ), sorry bromix, I was a faster coder Wink
Sounds nice, I'll give it a try in a few days Smile
(2015-05-17, 22:28)natko1412 Wrote: Hey all! My addon is ready to use (I hope so! ), sorry bromix, I was a faster coder Wink

-create folders
-add channels to those folders (simple channel search implemented - no need for user to edit the code)
-based on SQLite

This is my first addon / piece of software that uses databases, I hope I did a good job Wink

Download addon , but I recommend installing my repo to receive future updates Smile

My GitHub

Looks good but it would be great to add "Most Recent", "Most Viewed" and "Top Rated" like the old add-on.
(2015-05-18, 04:12)milli Wrote:

-create folders
-based on SQLite

My GitHub

Looks good but it would be great to add "Most Recent", "Most Viewed" and "Top Rated" like the old add-on.
To support natko...this will maybe impossible. The new API doesn't support this for playlists. You will only get the newest uploaded videos.
Youtube Channels by natko1412 Update

v0.0.21 [18-May-2015]
-you can now add channel by searching or entering a username
-added "TOP Channels" and "Categories" (by views) charts from vidstatx.com
-added my icons
-fixed videos (now able to play like a playlist)
-fixed some code and bugs
(2015-05-17, 03:35)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 16:36)Nenes Wrote:
(2015-05-15, 11:40)bromix Wrote: I see. Is there interest of more users for this addon?

ho yesssss Nod
Okay....I'm already testing some stuff Smile

(2015-05-17, 03:38)bromix Wrote: I'm already testing/implementing a new addon.

Hi Bromix,

Before Google api changes, I was using YouTube Channels addon too.

Now, I'm using directly YouTube addon :
I'm searching for my channel, and add it to Kodi Favorites.
Then, I can access my channels directly from Kodi Favorites*.

You are implementing a new YouTube Channel addon ? Why don't you add it directly in YouTube addon ?
Maybe you can create a new section and access directly "Youtube Favorites" from here ?

Doing this, you can act like "YouTube Channels" directly in YouTube addon.

* I have a problem with Kodi favorites : sometimes favorites are not synced with Youtube channel : new video doesn't appears.
So, I have to restart Kodi to force refresh.
I already started an Addon Smile but hadn't found the time to finish it properly.

Integrate this in the basic YT-Addon isn't such a good idea in case of readability and maintaining the code. But to create a separate Addon with already tested YouTube-code only for channel management isn't the problem Smile I'm developing Addons abstract so I can interchange most of my code Smile
(2015-05-18, 08:13)bromix Wrote:
(2015-05-18, 04:12)milli Wrote:

-create folders
-based on SQLite

My GitHub

To support natko...this will maybe impossible. The new API doesn't support this for playlists. You will only get the newest uploaded videos.

How is it going to be different than "My Subscriptions" in YouTube addon? Is it just to add/view channels without having to log in to YouTube and subscribing to channels?
My answer was based on "Most Recent", "Most Viewed" and "Top Rated" per channel (like the old addon). New uploaded videos are (with the new API) a playlist and playlist don't provide such thing as most viewed or top rated.
I'm getting error (structure) on plugin.video.ytchannels-0.0.31.zip when try to install on 13.2 on my device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] YouTube Channels - Organize and watch your favourite channels1