• 3(current)
Media Manager for Music
(2013-09-25, 10:48)hiphutch Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 16:12)mycollections Wrote: Hello,

Not sure it will help but our application https://mycollections.codeplex.com/ can generate nfo file for music collections.
As we don't have XMBC player, i m not sure all information's are present. So don't hesitate to ask for improvement.

AVOID THIS DOWNLOAD!!! I installed it and it is bundled with a very nasty malware downloader and installer!!!! I unchecked all the options to install any additional software and told it to skip the bundled software installs and it still installed a TON of garbage on to my system! The installer shutdown all my open web browsers without warning to install it's garbage. It ended up installing a system optimizer onto my system. Even after using the uninstaller for the extra software it installed it still left a lot of adware, spyware, and malware on my system. Malwarebytes found 40 items left over from this installer!

I do not know if mycollections software is legit or any good as I did not dare try running it after everything it's installer did. Any product that would bundle itself with something this bad could not be a reputable product. I would highly avoid downloading and installing this, if it is even legit, until the author unpackages it from all the malware that is bundled with it! And just to clarify, this installer is not like the annoying ones that include the ask toolbar, or google chrome in them. Those ones at least will actually skip the installs if you decide to uncheck them.

As mycollections points out, it's what you allowed to be done. This is a common issue I see a lot with friends and family constantly accepting the default when installing programs. Then I get called to bail them out after their computer is dominated by the likes of the crap you named above. Toolbars, SysTray background services, popups, etc.

I just installed it to see for myself. Looks like you didn't choose Custom and you accepted the popup for other add-on programs by clicking the X and Skip buttons.

As mycollections also points out, that how the program stays free. However, I'm seeing paid programs using the same tactics more and more.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Being a system operations admin for over 20 years, I am also one that has to fix all these problems at work, home, etc. While I agree that bundling software with installers can at least help offset some of the costs, choosing the correct installer is a must! There are quite a few good ones. However somoto is one that is known as malware. A quick google search will show this and a quick scan of ones system with any adware/malware remover will show this as well. For example, with this download, try clicking on cancel in the installer and then hit cancel. It will give you an option at that point to continue to install skipping all bundled software. That is what I did. I never install programs as defaults nor do I ever install bundled software, unless it is software that I have already used and know is useful and clean. As I mentioned above this installer does not honor the skip button, but goes ahead and installs and force closes all open browsers to install its malware without even giving any type of prompt. No popups were given at anytime. Whats worse is that even though the system optimizer comes with an uninstaller, it still leaves multiple files behind.

There are plenty of good alternatives for bundled installers that are more legit and don't play dirty. I would highly recommend using one of those. ie, google chrome, adobe, opera, mcafee antivirus, or even some of the more popular toolbars (yuck).
Hello Hiphutch,

Just to let you know we changed our bundler installers. Hope you will find this one clean enough Smile
(2013-10-13, 11:40)mycollections Wrote: Hello Hiphutch,

Just to let you know we changed our bundler installers. Hope you will find this one clean enough Smile

Thank you!
No problem Captain.

FYI, a new version is available : https://mycollections.codeplex.com/downloads/get/746428

New in this version :

Added Public Rating
Added Collection Number
Added Order by Collection Number
Improved XBMC integrations
Play on music item will now launch default player.
Settings are now saved in database.
Tooltip now display sort information.
Fix Issue with Stars on card view.
Fix Bug with PDF Export.
Fix Bug with technical information's.
Fix HotMovies Provider.
Improved Performance on Save.
Bug Fixing
Many of us have been waiting to have an Ember-like music manager that scrapes artist and album artist fanart and posters, clearart, cdart, and much more.

Finally, there is a solution around, which is stable, secure and delivers exceptional quality.

Give the Mediabrowser-Server a "try". It is now fully XBMC-compatible and will deliver all the meta data in the way that you need them.

It could also do the same job as Ember for movie and tvshows, but that's a separate topic. The great news is that it is there to finally help all of us with music!!!

More to find on: http://www.mediabrowser3.com/

Happy to reply to any questions you may have. It is working great for me!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-11-02, 03:35)steve1977 Wrote: Many of us have been waiting to have an Ember-like music manager that scrapes artist and album artist fanart and posters, clearart, cdart, and much more.

Finally, there is a solution around, which is stable, secure and delivers exceptional quality.

Give the Mediabrowser-Server a "try". It is now fully XBMC-compatible and will deliver all the meta data in the way that you need them.

It could also do the same job as Ember for movie and tvshows, but that's a separate topic. The great news is that it is there to finally help all of us with music!!!

More to find on: http://www.mediabrowser3.com/

Happy to reply to any questions you may have. It is working great for me!!!

MB appears to be a competitor to XBMC. I also did not see anything regarding scraping metadata are artwork.
they also have a client, which is a competitor for xbmc for windows. but their server complements xbmc. so, I would not describe them as competitors.

don't look for MBC, but for MBS (server). fantastic scraping of music data. give it a shot!

I'm using xbmc since 2002, so not gonna switch. but I really appreciate a more stable meta data scraper. and finally one for music!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Unfortunately there is no linux-version of the server, but i read they are working on it
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2013-07-15, 19:22)Wanilton Wrote: A tool to collect data and images of artists and albums is under development now by Macedo (XBMC Brasil forum admin), just collecting data in pt-br (Portuguese Brazil), but I believe that in the final version, you can select/change the language.. It´s an musical ember, now I am testing artists module, and can say that is perfect, attending 100% of my needs.

any news about this app ?
(2013-11-03, 16:17)MaxCore Wrote: [
any news about this app ?

+1 Blush
(2013-11-05, 17:23)supergroover76 Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 16:17)MaxCore Wrote: any news about this app ?

+1 Blush
+1+1 Big GrinBig Grin
(2013-11-03, 08:09)steve1977 Wrote: they also have a client, which is a competitor for xbmc for windows. but their server complements xbmc. so, I would not describe them as competitors.

don't look for MBC, but for MBS (server). fantastic scraping of music data. give it a shot!

I'm using xbmc since 2002, so not gonna switch. but I really appreciate a more stable meta data scraper. and finally one for music!!!

Thank you for the recommendation.
@MaxCore, supergroover76 and Chuck Bartowski,

Macedo continue working for finished software, no have date for public release yet, need changes for work with other languages, conclude albums arts and info, see video using this tool.

Language video is portuguese (Brazil). In next alpha release will change interface a little.

Softwares
Musicbrainz Picard
NFO Music Editor
XBMC Gotham with skin aeon MQ 5
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi Wanilton
Thanks for the update - good luck with the project - its looking good so far
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3