Frodo do not take poster/meta from library while it worked in Eden?
Hi,

Im using Ember Media Manager to build meta for my library and for a movie the structure would look like this :

Movies
> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264.mkv
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264.srt
>> fanart.jpg
>> folder.jpg
>> movie.nfo
>> poster.jpg

This have been setup for Eden and have been working great there but no when installing Frodo and doing a library update alot of new posters that I never seen before have been added?

U can see that XBMC is talking to a external service while lookin in my library (upper right cornor). I have checked the settings to see if there is any new settings to force it to use the meta from library but havent found any?

Why is it not using meta data from my own library anymore?
I have not done any special settings so this should be a general problem?
Have you told XBMC that movies are in individual folders? Otherwise XBMC would be looking for
Code:
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-fanart.jpg
>> folder.jpg
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264.nfo
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-poster.jpg
Just a thought
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2013-03-18, 23:26)vbat99 Wrote: Have you told XBMC that movies are in individual folders? Otherwise XBMC would be looking for
Code:
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-fanart.jpg
>> folder.jpg
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264.nfo
>> MovieName.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-poster.jpg
Just a thought

Yes I have Sad
Don't guess. Turn on Debug Log ging. Refresh a movie. Make sure you tell it to use your local information. Grab the log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-04-06, 07:44)jmarshall Wrote: Don't guess. Turn on debug log ging. Refresh a movie. Make sure you tell it to use your local information. Grab the log.

"tell it to use your local information"? I have not found any settings for this and according to several posts on the forum it will automatically take the local meta data before it goes online?

Yes it seems I have to test the debug log but as a casual user you hope that others have hade the same problem and that its a simple fix(a miss setting). I do understand that developers always asks for the debug log but for a casual user this is a second and last action to solve the problem. Besides, I have never worked with any other software that I need to consult the debug log as much as for XBMC but that's a different story.
It almost certainly is a missed setting. To find out what it is, the best thing to do is check the Debug Log as that is completely unambiguous. Users forget what settings they used. The Debug Log doesn't.

1. Enable debug logging.
2. Go to a movie that is "wrong".
3. Go to Movie Information (context menu).
4. Click on "Refresh".
5. You'll be prompted as to whether or not to use local information. Answer appropriately.
6. Grab the Debug Log and upload it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo do not take poster/meta from library while it worked in Eden?0