Music library main view - How to display album info?
(2013-06-07, 02:59)scott967 Wrote: I think the concept is to add that source into the music library to get that style of view. Files view doesn't extract tag data to create an album. When you scrape in the library scrapers get additional artist and album info.

scott s.

It's been a while since I played around with the different views, so I spent some time going through the Library mode and its views. I see what you're saying, but after sifting through the views I remember that the main reason I'm stuck on Files view is because I just don't like any of the Library views. I have my music collection organized exactly as I like, and I'd like the view to match that...hence the files view. When I change to Library view there are tons of views, but none of them that I like or are useful to me. "Artists" is annoying to me because I have lots of singles, compilations, and collaboration CDs...there's a shitload of artists that I may not be familiar with. "Albums" is annoying to me for pretty much the same reason, and also because I'm not always going to remember an album name of any given artist).

I guess this just makes me realize that what I want is a "Files view" in Library mode. Then I'd be able to view them exactly as I have them organized, and then at the very least it would contain the cover images without any special work, and potentially the ability to pull extra information like in my Photoshopped 3rd image above. I guess this just brings up the main question of whether this is something I should put in as a feature request, or if it's something I could do on my own my creating my own skin...albeit with lots of research.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music library main view - How to display album info? - by slizzap - 2013-06-07, 05:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library main view - How to display album info?0