system requirements for timeshift?
I'd like to know if anyone has any rough idea what the system requirements for timeshifting of HDTV are? my system is rather weak but it manages to play everything i threw at it so far flawlessly.
my system:
Operating system: Ubuntu Linux 12.04.1
Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-38-generic-pae on i686
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon™ HD 6320 Graphics, 2 cores
RAM: 2GB DDR3
TVheadend Build: 3.5.64~g5e79502 (16.03.2013)

the thing is with my system, sd channels work just fine, but most of my channels are HDTV so i'd like to know if anyone has experience with timeshifting HDTV and could give me some advice on a more sufficient hardware config. i could e.g. easily add more ram or switch to a ssd drive for the timeshifting.

regards,
uuzi
Have you tried it already? I have a slightly better system and it works flawless for me, even with an old 160gb magnetic hdd. I think, the main factor, when it comes to timeshifting, is the write speed of your hard disk. As long as you're not using a slow usb flash drive or a slow sd card, you should be fine.
I have nearly the same hardware (look to my sig) and using timeshift on HD-channels w/o any problems (vaapi must be enabled). It makes no difference if timeshift buffer is in ram or on disk using vdr and vnsi4 development versions.
Can`t say anything to tvheadend, but should be the same
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
system requirements for timeshift?0