Bug NFS Sources & Frodo
I upgraded from Eden(CB1 - Ubuntu 8) to Frodo (CB2 - Ubuntu 12.04).

When I attach NFS files sources (Movies & TV via sources.xml), I only get access to Movies, but not TV. If I try and add sources via NFS browsing, it will only pick up the 1st NFS mount, but not any subsequent ones.

If I mount the NFS mounts via /etc/fstab then I can browse them both fine.

My NAS is a Synology running DSM v4.2 and I have followed the wiki directions regarding insecure lock settings.

Here is the log entries from xbmc.log

DEBUG: NFS: Context for 192.168.0.71/volume1/TV not open - get a new context.
02:23:44 T:2920192832 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: /volume1/TV (mount/mnt call failed with "")
02:23:44 T:3008698176 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.0.71/volume1/TV/
02:23:44 T:3008698176 ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://192.168.0.71/volume1/TV/) failed
02:23:44 T:2953763648 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0xad39378
02:23:48 T:2920192832 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 7 times.

I also have an ipad w/FRODO ios (20130127 build) which uses NFS sources and it is working just fine.

I really don't want to deal with using FSTab as I have a MySQL backend and really hate having to delete and read add all my content.

Any suggestions?
Trexx
The Bug is a seeting on your nas. Try redoing it - re apply all filesystem permission - reboot the nas - whatever is possible. It will work once the server side is done right.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am having a hard time seeing that as the permissions are the same as when I was running Eden which worked.

My iPad version of Frodo picks up the shares fine when adding them as sources.

If I map the shares into the local filesystem via Fstab, Frodo can access the files fine.

All of which seems to suggest it isn't a permissions issue in this case.

But just to test I reset the permissions to admin/users and recursed them on the TV folder and that seems to have fixed the issue. Strange.
I spoke too soon. After I reset the permissions on the TV folder and added it to my system, I found out that in the process it "broke" the Movies folder which had been working.

I reset the Movies folder and it doesn't work.

So again this is NOT a permissions issues, but an issue with Frodo that it will not support 2 NFS sources at the same time (when added via browsing).
That's wrong ... i use like 5 nfs sources from 3 different servers.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Maybe wrong,but that is the behavior I am seeing.

I can't have (2) NFS sources from SAME NAS with CB2/Frodo build. It worked with CB1/EDEN build. Simple as that.

Is there any additional Debug level that can be turned on to help narrow down what is happening beyond the XMBC error that was posted in the original message?

Also is there a chance it could be related to this issue:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133290&page=3
I would need the output of:

on your nas (ssh shell)
"ls -al /volume1/TV"
"ls -al /volume1/Movies" (or what its called)
"cat /etc/exports"
"exportfs -v"h

On the ubuntu where xbmc runs i would need the id of the user running xbmc - assuming its the user you are logged in i need the output of:
"id"

Also post a full Debug Log from xbmc to pastebin.com and put the link in here.

Also please give these information:

1. How did you install XBMC (or where did you get it from)
2. Which version of libnfs do you have installed (<- this might give problems too - it should be version 1.3 or 1.4).

Ohh and what is CB2 / CB1?
Thanks Memphiz. I may not bet able to get this to you today, but should have it for you in the next day or so.

CB1 & CB2 are CrystalBuntu Ver 1 & 2. Basically turns an AppleTV 1 into a nice XBMC appliance.
Memphiz - It turns out that I had v1.2.0-3 for the libnfs. Updating that to v1.3.0-2 fixed the issue.

Thanks for your help in narrowing down the cause. I am not sure if there is a way to have FRODO do a version check and bring up a warning for installs where the libnfs version is to low or not, but might be helpful.

Thanks again for all your help,
T.
No thats not possible. Its a flaw of the distributors which don't check the dependencies right.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Sources & Frodo0