Newbie question about 3d playback on 3d capable display via HDMI
Hey everyone. I am receiving my first real big screen tv on thursday, and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row with some eye candy for Ms. Msarro. One of the things I found was a 3d SBS trailer. When I play it back on my macbook (currently running XBMC until I have the TV paid off and can build a dedicated box) I see two images, exactly like I should for a SBS video.

I will be connecting this laptop to the TV via a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter, and then setting it to forward all video and sound over HDMI. So, when I tell XBMC to play the video on the 3d capable display, what happens? Will the TV just show the same video I'm already seeing, with the two pictures? Will I press the 3d button and the tv will recognize that it is SBS? Will the TV not understand what it is? I know this is a newbie question, just trying to figure out what to expect, and if I need to find some better eye candy for her, haha.

The tv is a 51" 2012 Samsung e-7000 plasma display.
On my LG you feed it a SBS video, it displays it SBS.

But hit the 3d button and it asks what format the source is in, hit SBS and all is well.

A little manual, but not difficult.

Subtitles will be a problem though, they won't work. Same with OSD.

You could try using bino as an external player, there are a couple of threads here about bino if you search...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie question about 3d playback on 3d capable display via HDMI0