Win XBMC 12.1 with ATI Radeon 13.x
Has anyone dared to try it out? Smile
Works fine!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
How many FPS? Can you post the screenshot?
? XBMC is not a first person shooter game? u need to enable vsync/vertical blank sync to get rid of tearing in movies, too. so if ur TV is set to 60hz, u have 60fps, if u play a movie in 24p, u have 23,xxx/24fps...

i don´t understand ur question...
if u have any problem with fps drops, it´s most likely due to bad audio settings in frodo, and not an amd driver problem...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2013-03-20, 00:42)bimme Wrote: ? XBMC is not a first person shooter game? u need to enable vsync/vertical blank sync to get rid of tearing in movies, too. so if ur TV is set to 60hz, u have 60fps, if u play a movie in 24p, u have 23,xxx/24fps... i don´t understand ur question... if u have any problem with fps drops, it´s most likely due to bad audio settings in frodo, and not an amd driver problem...

12.0 Frodo with ATI Radeon 13.x drivers drops below 10 fps.
It's well known problem, and we need to stick with Radeon 12.x drivers that gives us normal 60.

I just wonder if there are some advances to that with 12.1 XBMC.
My kids wouldn't let me touch the HTPC's at 3.1 and 7.2 systems. I took the the screenshots of AMD GPU off my older LCD.....

bluray, when they talk fps it's not video playback but the refresh rate of the GUI interface, so when the GUI fps goes low it's makes navigating the menus extremely slow. Obviously not a general issue if yours is working but it's quite widespread and only seen on AMD hardware with 13.x drivers, so maybe it's the 13.x drivers with particular types of AMD GPU's.
I notice my XBMC GUI is a little slow but the CCC is extremely slow in the GUI
I am going to roll back and see how things go.
Navigation though XBMC isn't horrible, but I can tell things are not right when my cursor moves. Looks a little 'jittery' and there is lag when trying to move and click items. Nowhere as smooth as when I am on my desktop.
Not a single issue with XBMC GUI on my two AMD HTPC's, and I don't see/feel any different when navigating XBMC GUI after I updated it to 13.1.....

(2013-03-20, 00:42)bimme Wrote: if u have any problem with fps drops, it´s most likely due to bad audio settings in frodo, and not an amd driver problem...
+1....it's likely causes by other things other than AMD driver.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1 with ATI Radeon 13.x0