Bug XBMC 12.1 + Win7 = Crash
I'm also seeing crashing on win7 and iOS, where previously it wasn't. Very frustrating Sad
need crashlogs!!!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I posted my log in the second post. Is a crashlog different then what I posted? On a clean install when I go the add-ons, universal album scraper, universal artist scraper, tvdb scraper, and audiodb scraper are all trying to update and stuck on 0%. If I just sit there or if I try to do anything with the add-ons xbmc will crash.
(2013-03-20, 13:54)Martijn Wrote: need crashlogs!!!

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5751

This just started last night, crashing when idle. I just installed 12.1, the problem continues. I have not tried the YouTube test. Win 7 64
I had the same issue which started last night with EDEN... have a look at what i did in the post below. Seemed to have fixed the issue.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1371929
Crash rapport from 1 Windows 7 64 bit machine:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5754
(2013-03-20, 18:38)CSOTheater Wrote: Crash rapport from 1 Windows 7 64 bit machine:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5754

that is no crash report or Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok, maybe found the course of this. I think it is a circular dependency by Youtube channels

Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube.channels" name="YouTube Channels" version="2.0.1" provider-name="AddonScriptorDE">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
        <import addon="plugin.video.youtube" version="3.0.0"/>
        <import addon="plugin.video.vidstatsx_com" version="1.0.0"/>
    </requires>

and vidstats

Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.vidstatsx_com" name="VidStatsX.com" version="2.0.4" provider-name="AddonScriptorDE">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
        <import addon="plugin.video.youtube" version="3.0.0"/>
        <import addon="plugin.video.youtube.channels" version="1.0.0"/>
    </requires>

The current code only checks for direct dependency, not circular.
I'm seeing this on my Raspbmc too.

I try to 'Scan for new content', now it just sits saying 'Scanning for new content', and never completes the scan
Like i say: the problem is with Official Repo.
Remove them from "Program Files\XBMC\addons\repository.*" and XBMC will work fine.
The wife has called and has confirmed that this is happening with jtv, TVCatchup etc too.

She has moved away from xbmc back to freeview on the tv for the time being to resolve the issue in the short term.

It's weird that when I disconnect from the net, all is perfectly fine, but as soon as any network activity via the xbmc official repo etc is initiated, my boxes to fail..
All of which are completely different on different systems and different versions and OS etc?

It's definitely happening Marty Big Grin and I'm pretty sure it's the xbmc repo too as per my thread
I had the same problem. I just disabled automatic updates on addons and it isn't crashing any more.
(2013-03-20, 19:19)jded Wrote: I had the same problem. I just disabled automatic updates on addons and it isn't crashing any more.

Interesting,
I'll text the wife and get her to try this!

Thanks for posting this, it could be very helpful and potentially solve the issue until a fix comes in...

All done by sheer goodwill and determination, no crashlogs, no standing still and a helpful possible workaround provided to all... That's how it should be done!
You have to disable them, quit xbmc (if you make it before crash, I didn't :p ) and after you start it again it will be fine.
that is no crash report or debug log
[/quote]

I don’t know what you need, there isn’t any Crash Rapport files on any of the three computers. I send only the XBMC log file. All three computers just make a popup, XBMC is not working all the time. I haven’t had any problems for almost 4 months - before yesterday..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1 + Win7 = Crash0