Bug XBMC 12.1 + Win7 = Crash
Hi,

I remove old XBMC 12 and profile folder.
I download and install new XBMC 12.1.

After opening XBMC i go to Add-On and then i get crash.

Uninstall, re-install 3 time, same result.

Didn't change any thing, fresh install every time.

log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5597
I have the same exact problem. It freezes after about a minute, no matter if I am changing settings or just sitting at the home screen.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5603
I uninstall and install 12 and also crash...

I remove all repository i program file\xbmc\addons and my own repository and all work great!

The problem is with official Repo....
need crashlog
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't think it's 12.1 specific?
As of last night, all my xbmcs (8) all crash after streaming for px 5/10 minutes, or scraping or updating from repos etc... Basically any network activity from any xbmc box causes it to crash?

This goes for Eden/Frodo Win7/XP/iOS/ etc...

The last time I had this type of instant close crash, it was a repo that kept trying to update, but couldn't, and caused a weird memory leak over 1gb...
Has there been any changes to xbmc repo or could we who are experiencing the issue all be using a specific repo that's causing this bug? I have to many to list, but all my machines have all the same repos / plugins?

Funny how it affects all versions for me, only since last night and only when they are connect to the net?

Edit:
My box just crashed again after trying to add an album to the library? Box was up watching star trek fine... Then network activity and bam! It fell over (12.0) my Eden box has also just done the same thing after trying to update a repo?

This is very strange? They are dropping almost as soon as they connect online... To a specific repo maybe? Or a site? Something is causing a crash somewhere... I'll try get a log if I get time....
Dammit!

Trying to install a plugin from the official repo and can't as I get a constant crash? Tried my iPad, laptop Eden, and main Frodo?

There is 1 plugin showing as available update, but it's refusing to update... However it's from a 3rd party repo! Could this be the cause?

Ok...
I can't download anything from the xbmc repos on any of my boxes as it just freezes?
Anyone?
I'm getting crashes on all 3 of my XBMC media centres after updating to 12.1.

I have Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate), OSX Lion 10.7.3 and OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
All 3 of these share the same SQL database library, which is a fresh database I created when I upgraded from Eden.

They have all crashed at different times such as:
Halfway through playback
updating image cache
updating library

Any info I can provide to help fix these issues, i'll happily supply!
I'm getting crashes on all 3 of my XBMC media centres after updating to 12.1.

All machines running Windows 7/64Bit.
All 3 of these share the same SQL database library, which is a fresh database created 10 days ago.

Only error i log file:
10:53:20 T:4208 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting addons://repository.xbmc.org/
10:53:20 T:4208 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://repository.xbmc.org/) failed
Hey,
Can you do me a favour..

Start xbmc, head to addons, go to all addons, then go to video addons and try and "install" the new "You Tube Channels" app in there. It's in the official repo and is by AddonScripterDE.

I get an immediate crash, do you?
I think my crashes are linked to the xbmc official repo somehow?

Cheers,
Pat
(2013-03-20, 11:48)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey,
Can you do me a favour..

Start xbmc, head to addons, go to all addons, then go to video addons and try and "install" the new "You Tube Channels" app in there. It's in the official repo and is by AddonScripterDE.

I get an immediate crash, do you?
I think my crashes are linked to the xbmc official repo somehow?

Cheers,
Pat

Yep, hang for me as soon as I hit "install"
on OSX Lion.

edit: After a long 'hang', it came back with the error "dependancies not met", but XBMC continued to function.
Cool,
I get the same error except a crash... But it points to the repo for me.

Thanks for testing,
I have a thread above this fr the repo causing a crash, could you report in there if you could as I can't post a log right now (on iPad and afk) so the more eyes and reports the better. Martijn posted in there so if he gets more feedback he my be able to investigate.

Thanks again,
Pat
If everyone is suffering the same issue as me, I think I've narrowed mine down to Hitchers Repo.
It seems to be repos in general, including the main repo.

If you could try installing the "YouTube channels" app for exmple, from the main official xbmc repo and see if it crashes for you too, that would hlp a lot.
Yep, Youtube Channels crashes it for me too. Though besides that I'm not crashing anymore, whereas with Hitchers installed it was freezing regularly.
Thanks for testing that kevo, much appreciated.
I'm pretty sure my crash is an xbmc official repo change/glitch.

I have removed all addons (renamed addons folder) and tried installing apps from the official repo... Instant crash?

Martijn, I know the "logs or it didn't happen" quote may still apply, but surly it's worth a look? Maybe even a bit of feedback?

It seems like a few are experiencing issues with repos, its not convinient (cant logistically) up a log, but there are others reporting similr isues.

Were there any changes made to the back end lately?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1 + Win7 = Crash0