• 4(current)
[RELEASE] ORF TVthek Video Addon
Hi,

I'm running OSMC with this TVthek addon on a Raspberry PI 2. While watching past shows works fine most of the time, the livestream feature is often very bad. It either aborts or stutters (ruckelt).

What can be the reason? Do I have to tweak the cache somehow? Do I have to enable/disable acceleration (omxplayer)? Is the sync setting important in this regard?

Does any one else experience problems? I had troubles with OpenElec as well, before I switched to OSMC.

Thanks in advance,
AntaresWatcher
The stuttering is mostly because of the orf servers are breaking down. Most likley when football is on.

I have a problem that the ORF addon isn't working anymore, because something on the orf tvthek website was changed, hd streams are available finally. The addon shows the correct content entries, but it cant resolve the video links.
Seas sofaking,

you are really the KING for me - in the meantime your Kodi-Addon is the only way i watch ORF. The tv rest in peace at the Mülldeponie...Big Grin
I am really happy, that you care about the Addon and keep it up to date. And normally it functions very well, only few times - the transmission of the Hahnenkammrennen for example - it is interrupted, but i am sure thats the fault of the ORF-server.

There is only one little deficit which is kind of annoying:
The ZIB-stream is always seperated in short parts according to the different themes they have. When i watch the stream, there is a short break after every theme, meaning the stream freezes for 2-3 seconds. Do you think it is possible to change some settings to watch ZIB without breaks?
Thanks a lot for you effort!!
(2016-02-11, 20:51)antaresWatcher Wrote: Hi,

I'm running OSMC with this TVthek addon on a Raspberry PI 2. While watching past shows works fine most of the time, the livestream feature is often very bad. It either aborts or stutters (ruckelt).

What can be the reason? Do I have to tweak the cache somehow? Do I have to enable/disable acceleration (omxplayer)? Is the sync setting important in this regard?

Does any one else experience problems? I had troubles with OpenElec as well, before I switched to OSMC.

Thanks in advance,
AntaresWatcher

that caching issue seems to be a capacity problem on the orf side. u can't really do anything about it.
(2016-02-17, 22:02)Funky_Funked Wrote: The stuttering is mostly because of the orf servers are breaking down. Most likley when football is on.

I have a problem that the ORF addon isn't working anymore, because something on the orf tvthek website was changed, hd streams are available finally. The addon shows the correct content entries, but it cant resolve the video links.

sorry for the late reply. i'm usally just checking my github account for new issues but I rarely check the forum.

are you still having this problem? I haven't commited the new changes yet but you can get the new version (including HD support) from my github page in the meantime(thats beta Wink). i will try to make this available on the official repo asap. i just have to fix a few more things, but atm i can't really get much offtime from my dayjob

https://github.com/s0faking/plugin.video.orftvthek
(2016-03-11, 12:05)contadino Wrote: Seas sofaking,

you are really the KING for me - in the meantime your Kodi-Addon is the only way i watch ORF. The tv rest in peace at the Mülldeponie...Big Grin
I am really happy, that you care about the Addon and keep it up to date. And normally it functions very well, only few times - the transmission of the Hahnenkammrennen for example - it is interrupted, but i am sure thats the fault of the ORF-server.

There is only one little deficit which is kind of annoying:
The ZIB-stream is always seperated in short parts according to the different themes they have. When i watch the stream, there is a short break after every theme, meaning the stream freezes for 2-3 seconds. Do you think it is possible to change some settings to watch ZIB without breaks?
Thanks a lot for you effort!!

hehe. thx. and thx for the feedback

the livestream caching/availability issues are orf related. i think they just try to keep the running costs low. hope this will change, now that they finally offer the videos in HD quality.

about your second question: i can't really do anything about this either. The videos are seperated on the orf server. The freezes inbetween the videos are kodi related. you can just reproduce that if you put a few local videos in a playlist
(2016-01-22, 22:04)hidalgo67 Wrote: Why is the geoblock hack only working for live tv? Is there any technical problem or only because of legal issues?

well i'm not very happy with the geoblock setting to be honest(on a legal basis). thats why i try to leave it as is. i just don't want the addon to be banned or get sued by the orf.

I've already spotted a fork in another repo which probably does exactly what you want. Just google "ORF TVthek 4 de"
- Added HD Stream Option (720p)
Hey sofaking, Addon broke a few days ago - would appreciate it if you could get it working again...

Thanks, and if you need logs - just say so.
(2016-09-09, 20:04)harlekin Wrote: Hey sofaking, Addon broke a few days ago - would appreciate it if you could get it working again...

Thanks, and if you need logs - just say so.

seems to be working fine here. What exactly doesn't work? Please post a description of the problem on the github project page as an issue.
Hi sofa, glad to see, that you are still active. Smile

It works again for me as well - which is strange, because I did the legwork to remove the appdata folder to reset - just in case...

Frankly I'm not sure what happened.

So sorry for the very inconsistent and ultimately unneeded bugreport... :/

In the meantime - I chose to try out the official Fire TV "ORF Tvthek" app, and boy I'm glad to be back. Smile UI design is hard for some people.. Wink (Although weirdly it fit with ORF segmenting every news broadcast into 20 subitems - because they would then try to surface them with as much metadata as possible - so you really would only watch the 2min30 you were looking for... Wink )

Either way - thank you for your ongoing work,

h.
Hi,

I cannot upgrade the plugin from 0.5.2 to 0.5.3 - it says "Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllt" when trying to update.

I deinstalled the plugin to see if I can install it from scratch, but the plugin isn't listed anymore in the video addon section. Next I downloaded the 0.5.3 zip file and tried to install that, but again the error message about reqirements missing. I found a zip file with the 0.5.2 version, can't install that either.

So I have no plugin anymore and sad days before me... Wink

Oh, i'm running Kodi 15.0 btw

Thanx

Gork
Update: I just copied the content of the zip file into appdata/roaming/kodi/addons and version 0.5.2 as well as 0.5.3 work - I just can't install them from Kodi... Anyway, ORF TVThek works again!
(2016-09-15, 20:42)harlekin Wrote: Hi sofa, glad to see, that you are still active. Smile

It works again for me as well - which is strange, because I did the legwork to remove the appdata folder to reset - just in case...

Frankly I'm not sure what happened.

So sorry for the very inconsistent and ultimately unneeded bugreport... :/

In the meantime - I chose to try out the official Fire TV "ORF Tvthek" app, and boy I'm glad to be back. Smile UI design is hard for some people.. Wink (Although weirdly it fit with ORF segmenting every news broadcast into 20 subitems - because they would then try to surface them with as much metadata as possible - so you really would only watch the 2min30 you were looking for... Wink )

Either way - thank you for your ongoing work,

h.

glad to hear that. probably some issue with the ORF servers
(2016-09-17, 11:59)Gork Wrote: Update: I just copied the content of the zip file into appdata/roaming/kodi/addons and version 0.5.2 as well as 0.5.3 work - I just can't install them from Kodi... Anyway, ORF TVThek works again!

Hi Gork,

hm whats your setup(OS, Hardware). sounds like kodi isnt fetching the dependencies. you could also enable debug logging and check the log for the missing deps.
can you update to jarvis?

cheers,
s0fa
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ORF TVthek Video Addon3