Beginner Help, please
I can't find one thing that tells me what this thing is supposed to do, or how to get it to do that. I looked at a lot of the posts, don't have a clue what you're talking about. If someone here speaks English and can explain to a non-techie in non-techie language how to use xbmc, I'll be very appreciative. What I want to do is get rid of cable and start watching tv and streaming things to my television. Is this possible with xbmc? I don't mind doing the footwork but I don't even know where to look for the "page 1" type of information. I found one post entitled "this is the most basic question" (something like that) and then he went on talking about how to launch a satellite. At least that's what it sounded like. Or maybe he was curing cancer. AKA, I appreciate your help. thanks.
XBMC is a media player. You can simply dowload it from here- Current Stable Release: 12.1 “Frodo”, install it, right click blu-ray file and point it to XBMC to start the movie (or you can add movie folder within XBMC UI) and play around with it....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Have you read the FAQ yet? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_FAQ

XBMC is not meant to be a one-for-one replacement for cable or satellite service. It is a media center application that organizes, manages and presents your media collection, such as movies, TV shows and music you have stored on your local hard drive or on a file server. There are add-ons that allow to access streaming content from public sites such as YouTube, Hulu, PBS, the big 3 networks, etc. By and large, this is the same content you can access with a web browser while visiting these sites. For live TV, you can use the new PVR (wiki) function in XBMC that lets you interface with a hardware/software backend system to watch and record TV shows (since you're getting rid of cable, it'll be whatever shows you can pickup with a TV aerial).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beginner Help, please0