Album art in the Music session.
maybe i did something wrong or it is just not possible yet.
on my windows pc i've got stored in the "my music" folder all my mp3 and .wma files and also 60 albums. for the albums i've got a album folder and within the album folder i've created for each specified album a seperated folder with the front cdcover as folder picture. so if i go to my albums folder it looks nicer with all does thumbnails but i also find it's easer to find the album i'm looking for. i've tried this also with the xbmc and saw it was only possible when i go to the "pictures" section and go to folder where i stored my music files. in some occations it shows my albumart (stored as a folderpicture) but with 75% of the other folderpictures not. (and offcourse here i can't play the music files) and when i go to the "mp3" section i can play the music files but i don't see the albumart (the folderpictures).

what i like to see is that is possible to store a picture (albumart) to a folder and when i go to the "mp3" section to listen to my music i actually see the albumart.

what i personaly liked from xbmp is solid structure of the folders of each specified section. for example if i went in xbmp to "my pictures" and go to the folder hdd i saw my pictures and when i go to "my music" and go to the folder hdd i saw all music files. with xbmc for example when i go to "mp3" section i first have go to the "drive" where i stored my music files (in my case the f drive) then i see all the folders that i stored on the f drive (in my case apps,games,emulators,music,videos,pictures) then i have to selected the music folder within this folder i've greated 3 folders 1 for mp3,.wma files (seperated songs)/ 1 for albums / and 1 for recordings (created within xbmp shoutcast recordings) and then i can play my music the same goes for my pictures ect. with xbmp it was easy to edit the config.xml so that when you go to "my music" i only saw the maps (folders) that i assigned.

my question is why did you guys (the guys of xbmc) choice for this kind of structurer??is there any chance you gonna change it back like the structurer in xbmp when you release the xbmc v1.0??

also frodo told me that xbmc doesn't support album tags/ id tags in any other format besides mp3 & ogg right now. i read in a magazine that 90% procent of all pc got windows media player installed on it. and when you rip cd music to your hd with the wmp it convert it to .wma files and not to mp3. i know that there are far more mp3 files than .wma files but i think it's gonna change since the release of wmp 9 series and i also like .wma files better on the same bitrate than mp3 files.

what i like to see is that xbmc support id tags that are stored inside .wma files like albumart,artist,song,bitrate ect.

i know that you guys do this in your spear time and i really like all the good things that you already did with xbmp and xbmc but this are my suggestions (things i like to see)

keep up the good work
i know that i also can edit the xboxmediacenter.xml but i think that's not the same....

i have xbox media player cvs 2003-10-13
and xbox media center cvs 2003-10-12.
(warriorsan @ oct. 16 2003,16:49 Wrote:what i personaly liked from xbmp is solid structure of the folders of each specified section. for example if i went in xbmp to "my pictures" and go to the folder hdd i saw my pictures and when i go to "my music" and go to the folder hdd i saw all music files. with xbmc for example when i go to "mp3" section i first have go to the "drive" where i stored my music files (in my case the f drive) then i see all the folders that i stored on the f drive (in my case apps,games,emulators,music,videos,pictures) then i have to selected the music folder within this folder i've greated 3 folders 1 for mp3,.wma files (seperated songs)/ 1 for albums / and 1 for recordings (created within xbmp shoutcast recordings) and then i can play my music the same goes for my pictures ect. with xbmp it was easy to edit the config.xml so that when you go to "my music" i only saw the maps (folders) that i assigned.

my question is why did you guys (the guys of xbmc) choice for this kind of structurer??is there any chance you gonna change it back like the structurer in xbmp when you release the xbmc v1.0??
actualy its the same system as in xbmp. allyou have to do is to take a look into the config.xml and chnage the apthes to your needs.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album art in the Music session.0