Keyboard sends increasing numbers
Hi,

I am new to xbmc. Even if every configuration is on default state, xbmc receives my keyboard typing as if they are increasing numbers.

For example let's say i want to type something on youtube plugin's search bar.

I type:

funny

I get:

I have to use arrow keys on on-screen keyboard to type anything.

I don't know what to do or what is wrong with my setup? I even tried to find solution on google but couldn't find any (maybe I couldn't describe the problem on query)

my keyboard is this:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-...MIGR-74153

I am waiting your guiding replies, thanks in advance.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Verify/try the following:
  • Does that keyboard enter text and numbers correctly when XBMC isn't running, such as in a text editor?
  • Verify NumLock is not engaged.
  • Try toggling the following setting and then retype your text in an XBMC text entry field to see if there's any difference: System/Settings > System > Input devices > "Remote control sends keyboard presses"
  • Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, type funny in an XBMC text entry field using that keyboard. Review your debug log (wiki) to see how XBMC interpreted those keypresses and what actions were taken.
Thanks for the quick reply.

The onboard keyboard also works this way (lenovo laptop). Outside XBMC everything is OK. In XBMC it is always increasing numbers. But sometimes, the first letter is correctly sent. Maybe the first one when the program loads.

Numlock is off all the time. The funny thing is, same keys are interpreted as increasing numbers. Like aaa -> 123. so no relation to numlock or numpad issue I think.

I toggled (turned on) the option "Remote control sends keyboard presses"; no change in behavior.

The related debug part as follows:
http://pastebin.com/YWGb27gy

You can clearly see key presses are interpreted as increasing numbers. I typed funnyand pressed return while logging that.

Like I said, this behavior stays from the beginning, when I had default for all settings. If you can find a solution, I really appreciate your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard sends increasing numbers0